Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Procurement Analytics Manager will support the Director of Procurement Analytics in providing a regular flow of spend analytics to category teams and Procurement leaders. The Procurement Analytics team enables the business to improve category spend by collecting and analyzing spend data and provides visibility into total spend activities across properties, departments, and suppliers. The Procurement Analytics function is responsible for aligning data strategy with business requirements, measuring performance to improve cross-functional decision-making, tracking key performance indicators, reporting category level savings, and developing supplier market expertise to inform supplier negotiations. The Manager will lead complex analytics to provide quantitativesupport for savings opportunities, by tracking and interpreting spend data across MGM Resorts International’s addressable spend. Success can be measured by the Manager’s ability to effectively analyze spend data, proactively identify trends to inform spend decisions, and help achieve planned savings on programmatic categories per the Strategic Sourcing Plan. This position will contribute to strategic sourcing strategy, supplier selection and negotiations. The Manager will interact regularly with the VP PMO, Director, PMO, Strategic Sourcing, Program Management, Purchasing, key stakeholders and third party data resources to inform category strategy and identify category spending and compliance trends. The Manager must demonstrate strategic data analytics skills and thoughtful communication. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Informs annual Strategic Sourcing Plan and category decision making by tracking, benchmarking and reporting key performance indicators (e.g., non-compliant spend, category spend drivers, realized savings, etc).
- Develops processes for and manages the collection and categorization of spend and supplier performance data to deliver consistent and credible analysis to inform category level strategies.
- Manages regular analysis and reporting of spend and savings realized by property and category.
- Manages regular analysis and reporting of supplier performance, as well as assess risk (Financial, CSR, corruption).
- Manages the creation of forecasts and business cases based on strategic direction of category strategy.
- Owns market intelligence gathering and identifies external data sources and tools to enable tracking of category market.
- Cultivates supplier market expertise to provide Procurement organization with an outlook on supplier landscape and competitive positioning (SWOT analyses).
- Manages the compilation of category level key performance indicators.
- Designs and builds category specific reports to be run on a scheduled or as-needed basis to inform and drive category savings levers (e.g., historical spend trends, cost increases, volume spikes, etc.).
- Leads cost modeling / bottoms-up costing as needed as well as data collection and analysis for cost modeling used in strategic sourcing events / negotiations.
- Recommends new opportunities to grow or improve managed programs by monitoring customer feedback, tracking off-program spend, and analyzing category demographics (e.g., supplier concentration).
- Leads tracking and reporting of realized category savings across properties, identifies key areas of risk, and recommends continuous improvement actions to reflect evolution of the business.
- Manages analysis of supplier performance and profitability, detects potential risks and ecosystem changes, projects future capacity, forecasts switching costs, quantifies error rates and compares pricing vs. benchmarks to inform supplier negotiations and RFPs.
- Provides quantitative inputs to supplier performance scorecards.
- Identifies and recommends category-specific cost reduction opportunities, leveraging PMO staff and techniques such as total cost of ownership (TCO), should-cost modeling, value analysis, supplier rationalization, item rationalization, demand management or make/buy and lease/buy analysis.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; creates and maintains a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Implements continuous training required to keep team apprised of business situations as they affect Procurement policy and build-out training program to onboard new members of the Procurement Analytics team.
- Recruits, hires and retains the best/most qualified candidates.
- Coaches each employee to identify personal goals and developmental needs, identifying training needs as required.
- Ensures each employee completes all required departmental and company training, and conducts periodic performance evaluations.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience in a strategic analytical management role (e.g. finance).
- Experience with data modeling and presentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or business related field.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience with Procurement/Sourcing category level analytics and systems.
- Working knowledge of spend categories within Food and Beverage, Professional Services, OS&E, Facilities, FF&E and IT.
- Systems experience: Stratton Warren, Infinium, Coupa.
- Knowledge of hospitality and/or casino operations.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.