Founded in 1990, Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions. Ultimate's passion for excellence and focus on people exemplifies a unique corporate culture you won't find anywhere else. Our company's UltiPro solution provides a comprehensive approach to manage the employee life cycle, from recruitment to retirement. We're dedicated to delivering high quality software and services for human capital management, and it shows in our strong customer retention. Ultimate knows that committed, happy employees make for committed, happy customers.
We are looking for a Manager, Process Improvement to join a newly formed division, Operations Strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director, Services Execution, this manager will provide substantial leverage, vision and execution as a critical component of and contributor to the Services Organization as we have recently scaled to a $1 billion, 5,000+ Person Company.
This role requires a high energy, collaborative manager who is passionate about process improvement and who has a proven track record of working collaboratively and independently to help a world class organization sustain its success and market leadership, all the while remaining "Hungry, Humble and Smart".
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune's 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Apply Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies, such as Six Sigma, Lean, and/or others to identify pain points and gaps and lead cross-functional initiatives to increase efficiencies and effectiveness across departments and organizations.
- Consult and partner with process owners and IT on potential solutions that yield targeted and measurable results - particularly around Cost to Serve targets.
- Closely collaborate with functional leaders to generate project sponsorship, participation, and buy-in.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Develop project plans, drive actions, monitor and communicate progress to schedule and budget to project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Ensure designated improvements are met and process controls are defined, implemented and monitored to sustain results.
- Collaborate on the technology roadmap.
- Proactively share and provide guidance on best practices where applicable.
- Create a process framework and instill a process mindset through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Provide analytics and develop and present executive presentations.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the entire Services organization through leading and participating on internal initiatives.
- Understand that success is dependent on transparency and will personally and actively support innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant business experience, including process improvement, project management and business operations
- Six Sigma certification and/or other equivalent really nice to have
- Strong leadership and business acumen skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem-solving, analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to constructively challenge current business practices, build commitment and drive change
- Ability to influence others to get results
- Strong project management, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and overcome obstacles that inhibit team effectiveness
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently, including outside of actual reporting structure
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Must have a style that cannot be harsh or abrasive and will align well with the culture at Ultimate Software. This is an environment for a candidate that is truly motivated by His or Her "Why" in a culture of trust.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.