The Process Improvement Manager is responsible for the development, analysis and alignment of long-term plans to the overall vision of leadership. This role will partner with and influence operations by identifying gaps, evaluating and designing operational sequence and work flow and improving efficiencies in building and equipment layouts. This role will also oversee the following functional areas, and be responsible for employee supervision and development of these teams: Inventory, Returns and Breakdowns.
The successful individual will:
- Be innovative when developing solutions
- Be sound and controlled when applying loss methodology
- Have experience in areas such as strategy development, project management, process deployment and/or change management initiatives
- Design new processes to improve safety, boost productivity, quality and profitability.
- Conduct time & motion studies and evaluate production standards.
- Identify and develop operational models, reports and systemic tools to achieve operational efficiency within a high volume, SKU-intensive, e-commerce order fulfillment center.
- Work closely with other engineering or operational disciplines in the development and application of automation and/or robotics, increasing production, quality, efficiency, or volume.
- Develop and enhance labor and productivity models to ensure operational KPIs are achieved
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant education
- 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably within supply chain or manufacturing
- Demonstrated competence within Industrial Engineering and/or Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Experience in project management to develop solution driven strategy plans
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and/or logistics systems
- Familiarity with or application of TPM, Six Sigma, or other related lean manufacturing principles
- Strong computer and analytical skills to include advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Experience writing procedures, work instructions, and other related documents
- Need strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Quickly adapt to different working environments, build relationships and be able to work and lead teams efficiently for success
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact and present at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests