Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operational Governance, the Manager, Process Excellence is accountable for the delivery of business process improvement projects, active monitoring and related artifacts for the GAML/ATF Operations.
The incumbent is a key contributor in the achievement of the strategies and successes of the team while ensuring all regulatory obligations, business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include enhancing applicable operational aspects of the GAML/ATF Operations through current state assessment, staff workshops and future state design.
The Manager works closely with the different AML teams, particularly the AML Business Solutions, AML/ATF Strategy and Analytics, Training & Communications as well as the Transaction Monitoring/Name Scanning investigation teams to analyse and streamline business processes on a continuous basis.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages projects and provides advisory to the different AML teams based on their experience and other internal initiatives lessons learned.
- Creates artifacts to ensure sustainability and auditability of all processes implemented, such as procedures, process maps, presentations, job aid.
- Assists GAML/ATF Operations team in implementing processes, procedures and works closely with Training & Communications team on training initiatives for such processes.
- Assists AML teams with short terms initiatives (i.e. presentation requests, ad hoc assistance)
- Leads business process improvement strategies and assist AML teams implement efficient quick wins.
- Works with AML teams and their respective management teams to ensure that effective business operations and processes meeting operating requirements.
- Acts as a liaison and facilitator between GAML/ATF Operations policies and initiatives related to area of specialization and the department.
- Identifies and assess tactical and systemic organizational risks and opportunities for enhancing the performance of programs or policies and make appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluates the impact of new policies, programs or products into the departments and coordinating the departments’ compliance readiness.
- Ensures that an effective and documented internal control structure is in place as evidenced by policies and procedures specific to the individual activity.
- Liaises with the AML/ATF Strategy and Analytics to ensure proper monitoring and reporting to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of process efficiencies success.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional business relationships.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiency without compromising compliance requirements
- An analytical/systematic thinker with an understanding of the elements of project management gained through demonstrated experience and can translate business requirements to technical specifications for technology to implement.
- Demonstrates integrity when working with colleagues and leads others by setting example of required behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage difficult conversations
- High client focus and high risk management focus
- Excellent understanding of the Canadian banking industry
- Thorough knowledge of AML regulations, practices and economic sanctions, which may be enhanced via accreditation by ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists), is an asset.
- Previous experience in a critical/compliance environment where protocols need to be strictly adhered to would be an asset
- Results oriented and highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
- Self-reliant and pro-active approach to work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
Education / Experience
University Degree or equivalent and a minimum of minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferable in a global/matrix organization in compliance/risk management, project management, Audit and/or critical unit.
Requisition ID: 22562