The Manager, Process Excellence contributes to achieving quantifiable results to the firm. This position requires a track record of deploying Lean, including:
• Coaching teams with specific emphasis on process improvement using Lean techniques and principles.
• Planning and participating in Improvement events
• Delivering results through process design, improvement, and management
• Facilitation of Strategy Deployment
In addition, the Manager is expected to have experience deploying, and/or employing best-in-class Project and Change Management methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned to Ryan’s Key Results:
- Delivers project work (e.g. Improvement Events) as an internal Business Excellence consultant, with joint accountability for results.
- Designs and builds Business Excellence (e.g. Lean, Project Management, Change Management) standards, methods, tools, and training.
- Develops appropriate training and communication plans/content to support BX initiatives.
- Contributes to the design of a Lean Operating System.
- Prepares analyses, presentations, and other deliverables for BX.
- Maintains knowledge of Business Excellence industry trends.
- Participates on committee, special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of five years of progressive Business Excellence experience.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma, Program Management, and Business Process Management software is preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to work on cross-functional projects with tight deadlines
- Manages multiple concurrent improvement projects in a cross-functional organization and excels in a dynamic and collaborative environment supporting high-growth and fast-paced business units
- Ability to coach teams to quickly identify core process issues and determine improvement solutions while creating structure around ambiguity
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Statistical (e.g. Minitab) and process mapping software (Microsoft® Visio VSM) is strongly preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (required)
Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with Firm policies and applicable law.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.