$100K — $130K + other
Manager Process Engineering
About the Company:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic global companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security, and engineered fastening systems. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Recent acquisitions have made us the largest hand-tool, accessory, and power tool manufacturer in the world.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Process Engineering, APO Team, this role is responsible for leading Continuous Improvement and Process Redesign projects to improve business processes. The Manager will guide cross-functional teams of business partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes across Operations, Finance, and other SBD functions.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the improvement of existing business processes to reduce cost, improve efficiency and effectiveness and promote best practices across Business Units and Functions. The Manager, Process Engineering will guide project teams to document and analyze processes and develop improvement plans that may include process changes in operations, implementation of Intelligent Automation, ERP Enhancements, and other solutions. The Manager, Process Engineering is a part of the corporate operations staff driven to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions that improve process capability, margin performance, and productivity of various corporate and business unit teams. The successful candidate will “office” in one of the Corporate locations but will travel to other as assigned to implement best practices and manage Continuous Improvement projects.
This role is an integral part of the APO Process Engineering Team and will serve as a liaison between Business Unit (BUs), Information Technology (IT), Global Shared Services (GSS), Finance, Global Supply Chain (GSM), Chief Accounting Office (CAO) and the Competency Center (CC). In addition, this leader will adopt and drive a “Lean Led” philosophy in partnership with the Industry 4.0 CoE and Advanced Data Analytics CoE.
· Manage and co-lead project teams to analyze and improve business processes, emphasizing cost reduction, lead time reduction, and quality improvement.
· Manage cross-functional projects from concept through implementation.
· Identify financial and non-financial project benefits and develop business cases.
· Guide project teams through data-driven analysis of business processes while teaching principles of Continuous Improvement (e.g., Lean Six Sigma) and Problem Solving.
· Apply a Continuous Improvement mindset & toolset to analyze processes, including the use of statistical methods and mapping techniques.
· Create and maintain Process Flow Maps, Value Stream Maps, Standard Operating Procedures, and other process documentation.
· Lead the implementation of process changes and support business partners in applying concepts of Change Management to facilitate successful implementation.
· Clearly communicate project status, risks & issues, and benefits to a variety of business stakeholders, including executive leadership.
· Mentor and develop junior staff and new members of the team.
· 7+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement of business, operations, and/or manufacturing processes, including the use of Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean Six Sigma tools
· Strong analytical skills including data mining, analysis, trending, and writing accompanying commentary
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio, Minitab, and SAP or other major ERP systems
· Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to navigate and communicate in a highly matrixed organization
· Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
· Diverse manufacturing, engineering, and finance experience preferred (e.g., Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Improvement)
· Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certification
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification desired
· Prepared to travel up to 50% of the time depending on home location, including manufacturing environments and distribution centers.
Valid through: 4/13/2021