Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Manager of Pricing Strategy will partner with the cross-functional team to develop and implement pricing strategies for a given product division within the US Market (stores and online channels). They will provide research and analysis around pricing architecture through consumer insights and competitive patterning in partnership with Gap, Inc. Strategy and Consumer Insights teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and analyze category-level pricing architecture for a given product division
- Partner with cross-functional Product team to inform and influence seasonal pricing and promotional strategies
- Partner with Old Navy Product Strategy team to inform and influence long-range product category plans and seasonal assortment strategy
- Collaborate with Gap, Inc. Strategy and Consumer Insights to compile and analyze consumer insights and competitive patterning around product pricing
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Attend critical go-to-market and business update meetings
- Conduct ad-hoc pricing research and analysis
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues
The candidate selected for this position will be a self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must be analytical and persuasive in their relationships and be able to gain and hold the respect of key stakeholders within the company.
- Analytical Rigor - Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Structured and logical thinking - Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis
- Powerful Communication – Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper. Mastery of Microsoft Powerpoint is critical to this role
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – A consensus building, upbeat team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional presence
- Creative Thinking - A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results
- Exceptional Organization - Highly organized, and strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail
- 4+ years’ work experience, preferably with some experience in the retail industry, management consulting and/or investment banking
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, or mathematics preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.