As a Pre-Sales Americas Manager (Sales & Business Development, Manager) this position will be responsible for positioning and guiding the presales team to present product offerings and the solution architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in the solution’s capabilities and technical infrastructure. The pre-sales manager should ensure the team can remove all functional and technical objections in the sales process. To accomplish this, this role must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including the ability to understand prospect/customer’s business requirements, develop a sound technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions.
The TeamMate Pre-Sales Americas Manager will have responsibility for leading the presales organization that supports the US, Canada and Latin America territories (total of 17 sales reps and 7 partners). The Presales Manager will have 6 direct reports with several additional headcount currently budgeted for to support our high growth business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the prospect/customer needs and establish TeamMate’s solutions as the best solution(s) that addresses that need(s)
- Manage custom presentations by the team to ensure presentations are addressing the needs of the customer, quality of the presentations and value propositions
- Ensure TeamMate’s technology infrastructure meets customer requirements, including deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
- Participate and drive all appropriate product, sales and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objective assigned by sales management
- Manage the RFP process, ensuring timely response from the presales and technical presales teams.
- Work collaboratively with sales, professional services and support to ensure customers are properly implemented and supported
- Convey customer requirements and develop scope of work estimates for functional and technical implementation to the professional services team
- Identify product effectiveness in addressing market needs in both the short and long term and escalate issues that must be addressed, recommending options and course of action.
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
- 7+ years of demonstrable progressive experience in a pre-sales role and at least 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales people management role
- B.S. in Accounting, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of audit, risk, compliance, and/or internal control software is a plus
- Previous experience as a systems/sales/pre-sales engineer for a software company or similar technology
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web and cloud technologies
- Experience selling SaaS solutions to C-level executives
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%, United States, Latin America and Canada
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Salesforce