The Nutanix Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical field position that leads a team of Pre-Sales Systems Engineers. In this role, you will have leadership responsibility for the Enterprise Pre-Sales Systems Engineers within the South Texas region and will act as a working manager. It is expected that you can perform many of the functions that a Nutanix Systems Engineer does, including running Proof of Concepts. You will report to the Director of Systems Engineering in the North and will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the Regional Sales Director of South Texas Enterprise.
About the team
Our Americas Systems Engineering organization is made up of over 300+ customer-focused technical sales professionals that provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our Systems Engineering organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory, and provide mentorship and training to them once onboard.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory.
- Act as a floating Systems Engineer and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or need for vacation coverage.
- Take ownership of ensuring channel enablement is ongoing.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Management responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory including expenses, quarterly check-ins, escalation conversations, etc.
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time within the region.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Sr./Pre-Sales Systems Engineer. and 5-10 years of pre-sales management experience
- You possess deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities.
- You have strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You operate with a ‘whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).