Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Manage the Plant in accordance with the O&M agreement. Manage the various components of the PV power plant management program as they relate to day-to-day operations and maintenance at PV plant sites. This overall objective will be achieved by meeting the following plant objectives: health and safety performance, environmental stewardship, employee training and development, quality control, work management system, performance management, operation and maintenance of generation assets, evaluation of reliability improvements and technology, process development and oversight, budget development including oversight and adherence.
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in maintenance and personnel management in the utility or energy industry encompassing operations, maintenance, performance reporting and outage management.
Demonstrated understanding of power plant, EH&S compliance, budgeting, personnel management, operations, and maintenance.
Technical School Diploma
Bachelor’s degree in Business or engineering preferred
• Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the customer’s success.
• Ability to share technical expertise with team members and the customer.
• Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the safe operation and maintenance activities of multiple complex projects.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Oversight of site personnel, site supervisors, technicians, staff specialists, and subject matter experts.
• Responsible for all plant personnel, policies, and programs. Examples include employee morale, staffing levels, training efforts, and safety issues.
• Communicates regularly with Management and all site personnel, both individually and as a group, to ensure excellent two-way communication concerning operational and maintenance issues.
• Assists in the hiring of site personnel and conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the site maintenance personnel.
• Ensure adherence with company and department policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Job Description subject to change at any time
• Responsible for operating the Plant within the approved budget.
• Ensures compliance with all contracts including LGIA, PPA and O&M contracts to protect the long-term interests of the company.
• Ensures compliance with environmental standards and applicable governmental regulations.
• Interfaces with the various central support groups to review the operation of plant equipment and systems continuously, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate, and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Manages the plant programs based on best practices in the PV industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Continuously strives to improve the condition and performance of the plant.
• Monitors and manages the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, equipment, tools, and reordering as necessary.
• Manages the use of the enterprise asset management system (Maximo) at the site and assures the complete and accurate integration of the system.
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others