Responsibilities multi-dimensional and include the management of clients, vision, delivery, staff and technology.
- Manage and administer approximately $4 million in IT budgets
- Lead a team of 10-12 systems analysts, software engineers, and QA testers to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Manage projects from initiation through execution and delivery
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing established architectural/technology standards
- Provide leadership during production support incidents as needed
- Develop a strong partnership with business and IT stakeholders to identify requirements, as well as set priorities
- Establish a strategic vision and roadmap to deliver capabilities that align with business priorities
- Recommend modifications to established practices and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce risk
- Collaborate with other IT teams within Wellington to ensure effective integration with portfolio management, trading, and other applications
- Develop and maintain relationships with key consulting partners and application vendors, ensuring we receive high levels of service from them
- Develop and maintain industry relationships, both in technology and portfolio accounting, in order to stay attuned to evolving industry trends and best practices
This role requires strong skills in the areas of portfolio accounting and investment process expertise, client management, technical leadership, and staff development.
- 10 years of experience in delivering technology solutions with full project lifecycle experience (functional analysis, technical design, development, deployment, support), with 5 years in leadership role
- Strong project management/ project methodology and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment.
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Experience in Financial Industry required, with direct Portfolio Accounting experiencepreferred