This position will manage two distinct teams within the Member Support Organization. S/he will directly manage the Portability and Conversion team that processes complex member transactions ensuring that all information is complete and in good order. S/he will also manage the Supervisor for the Service Intake Team and their direct reports thus being ultimately responsible for managing inventory, developing employees and meeting productivity goals across the board.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Manages and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure completion of responsibility for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Manages and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages a team and processes for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages the processing and administration of one or more teams relating to more complex eligibility management customer data requests, enrollment activities and member updates in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Ensures that all service, quality and production levels for his/her assigned team(s) are successfully met and/or exceeded
- Oversees team’s activities on quality assurance checks/audits for processing of data, enrollment activity, and updates to member records for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Reviews and resolves escalated issues and concerns with a sense of urgency; escalates issues to more senior management as needed
- Advises more senior management of staffing requirements for short and long-term staffing requirements of processing volumes
- Develops reports and provides more senior management with metric data for assigned area(s) of responsibility processing and service performance
- Develops and implements assigned team’s training plans based on assessment of team needs
- Ensures team is appropriately trained to process and respond to member’s questions, concerns and/or requests
- Ensures that processes are followed in accordance with internal controls and that data is appropriately managed per LFG corporate data privacy standards
- Provides information to more senior management to support the creation of the budget
- Monitors and controls expenses within defined budget limits
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Experience & Abilities
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5+ Years of experience in customer service environment directly aligned to the specific responsibilities of this role, incl. 2+ years of managerial experience (Required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.