We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Our Population Health Operations team is central to our model of care and works hand in hand with primary care providers to change the local landscape of care delivery. As a Manager, Population Health Operations at our organization, you will be a key partner implementing population health management capabilities across a network of primary care medical clinics.
Could this be you?
In this role, you will support the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts using an evidence-based approach. You will collaborate with VillageMD-Phoenix market teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will support the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts, including collaborating across the organization on the design, monitoring and continually improving the processes that support value based care. As part of this mission, you will help to drive patient and clinician engagement initiatives.
How you can make a difference
- Collaborate with management and operations team members to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost of care delivered
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value-based contracts across multiple payers
- Build strong, credible working relationships with physicians and their staff to support a partnership centered on driving meaningful change in care delivery
- Run operational policies and procedures related to VillageMD market operations and services for network practices
- Drive an optimal patient experience through VMD processes and services
- Ensure satisfaction, communication and engagement with all practice providers
- Advance a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Measure practice-level performance across operational and utilization metrics, and identify improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value-based contracts
- Collaborate with provider partners to participate in the design and implementation of technologies to support clinical documentation to improve accuracy in diagnosis selection
- Operationalize practice adoption of patient engagement strategies around chronic condition prevalence to support providers in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
- Enable evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
Skills for success
- A drive for achieving results with and through others
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- The ability to validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Finesse in partnering with physicians on change management initiatives
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field required
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with complex, provider organization
- Demonstrated success working with and across diverse partner groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Medicare ACO and value-based contracting experience beneficial
- Validated ability to implement data into practice; respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Direct experience working with physicians preferred
- Experience with Tableau and SQL strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and work with payor claims and quality files is strongly preferred