Working under the direction of the Senior Manager PMO and in full collaboration with all colleagues and business partners, The Manager, Project Control Officer PMO assumes project support responsibilities for all aspects of a project over its entire life cycle.
Objectives of the role include: program budget control, project plan updates and follow up, project milestones consolidation, prepare project status reports, action items follow up and minutes record.
The incumbent will partner closely with team members of Retail and Commercial Banking, Credit Risk, Technology, Compliance, and other teams within IB to ensure project’s initiatives deliver on the Bank's stated strategic goals and the In-country specific goals.
Experience in rapid development environment/ Agile methodology is an asset.
- • Support the Director PMO and/or the Senior Manager PMO on the implementation of a Program Management Office (PMO) by developing processes and governance strategies with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, including change control process, key reviews and signoffs, organizational structures and RACI matrices
• Provide project support services to the Senior Manager applying all project management standards and templates defined by governance framework
• Support the Senior Manager on the development and maintenance of all project documentation (Project Charters, Project Plans, Issue and Action Logs, Risk Management, Project Status Report, Lessons Learned, Post Implementation Reviews, etc.)
• Report on project financials in dashboards monthly for management and prepare financial forecasts
• Identify issues, risks, action items, decisions and escalate as required to Senior Manager and/or Director PMO
• Manage and follow up on invoice payments
• Provide ongoing communication of project status
• Ensure effective project control of the integration with the origination system, as well as other technology tools, such as OMDM, imaging systems, Sales Platform, isApp etc; and identify synergies to allow us to work more effectively and deliver solutions faster
• Support on opportunity assessment and business case elaboration
• Manage project changes and/or updates in CAPPM, JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence, Workplace, etc.
• The incumbent must be self-starting, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and highly motivated. Excellent communication and analytical skills are required to independently resolve complex, multi-dimensional business problems. The ideal candidate will possess:
• Deep knowledge of Project Management best practices
• Deep knowledge of current Scotiabank International systems and back office processes
• Deep influencing skills with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation.
• Deep knowledge of current Information Systems practices and systems development techniques. The incumbent is expected to keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively apply technology to solve business problems. This knowledge must also be applied to assist the Senior Manager and the Director in establishing future technological directions for the Division.
Education / Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business or related field
• PMP designation an asset or formal Project Management Training
• 3+ years’ experience with a financial institution is preferred
• Expert knowledge of back office fulfilment processes, banking operations, as well as branch systems, tools and reporting
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
• Strong written and oral skills in English and Spanish
• Proficient PC skills, including word processing, powerpoint, excel, visio
• Strong co-ordination, strategic influencing and people management skills, to facilitate strong teamwork and co-ordinated execution of multiple activities and/or teams
• Deep Knowledge on CAPPM, JIRA, SharePoint, Workplace, and Confluence preferred
• Deep knowledge on project management tools and methods, and understanding of infrastructure and software development and delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile) preferred
Requisition ID: 22856