Working under the direction of the Senior Manager PMO and in full collaboration with all colleagues and business partners, The Manager, Project Control Officer PMO assumes project support responsibilities for all aspects of a project over its entire life cycle.
Objectives of the role include: program budget control, project plan updates and follow up, project milestones consolidation, prepare project status reports, action items follow up and minutes record.
The incumbent will partner closely with team members of Retail and Commercial Banking, Credit Risk, Technology, Compliance, and other teams within IB to ensure project’s initiatives deliver on the Bank's stated strategic goals and the In-country specific goals.
Experience in rapid development environment/ Agile methodology is an asset.
• The incumbent must be self-starting, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and highly motivated. Excellent communication and analytical skills are required to independently resolve complex, multi-dimensional business problems. The ideal candidate will possess:
• Deep knowledge of Project Management best practices
• Deep knowledge of current Scotiabank International systems and back office processes
• Deep influencing skills with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation.
• Deep knowledge of current Information Systems practices and systems development techniques. The incumbent is expected to keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively apply technology to solve business problems. This knowledge must also be applied to assist the Senior Manager and the Director in establishing future technological directions for the Division.
Education / Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business or related field
• PMP designation an asset or formal Project Management Training
• 3+ years’ experience with a financial institution is preferred
• Expert knowledge of back office fulfilment processes, banking operations, as well as branch systems, tools and reporting
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
• Strong written and oral skills in English and Spanish
• Proficient PC skills, including word processing, powerpoint, excel, visio
• Strong co-ordination, strategic influencing and people management skills, to facilitate strong teamwork and co-ordinated execution of multiple activities and/or teams
• Deep Knowledge on CAPPM, JIRA, SharePoint, Workplace, and Confluence preferred
• Deep knowledge on project management tools and methods, and understanding of infrastructure and software development and delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile) preferred
Requisition ID: 22856