At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Implement and deploy the New PLM environment in Product Development Engineering (PDE) as a foundation for the full Bombardier PLM Lifecycle transformation. This mission includes the redefinition of all the business process in the mindset of digitalization, requirements definition, use cases creation to validate the solution, and all the tests validation.
- The scope of the PDE PLM solution will manage the Engineering and Development portion of the lifecycle while ensuring the integration of the processes and data with the full life cycle from inception to dismantling.
- Define and manage the project plan, organize and coordinate all the activities related to this objective.
- Challenge the status quo to develop the most efficient overall approach (engineering, testing, manufacturing ...)
- Work in close relationship with the PLM solution provider and IT group in charge to deliver the solution to ensure that all business needs are fulfilled
- Work with the different business functions to ensure organization impacts are assessed and addressed in the project.
- Manage a team of business analysts and technical resources; the primary purpose of the Manager in PLM is to break down the strategic plan into a team strategy and individual goals. He/she plans, directs and coordinates the operations of the team as well as leads and develops the individuals in the team
- Manage the budget, prepare forecasting and be involved in strategic planning
- Manage and report on progress and ensure proper governance and escalation.
- Create an environment in which employees have authority, initiative and ability to manage their own work
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in PLM or in an engineering aerospace PLM related field.
- Have held a lead function in a PLM environment - Have managed one or more projects, involving change management aspects or requiring high levels of integration or coordination with other projects
- Proficient interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good communication and negotiation skills are an asset - Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize and coordinate workload
- Ability and ease of communication with executives and sponsors
- Experience in PLM Solution implementations and good understanding of project methodology
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French.