- Provide software engineering leadership while balancing resource and schedule constraints.
- Coordinate with domain architects, establishing roadmap such that team is able to deliver on commitments.
- Drive productivity, efficiency and quality improvements leveraging best practices for software engineering in a multisite and multidisciplinary environment.
- Manage day-to-day operations of your local team: individual career development, goal setting, performance evaluations and coaching.
- Staff and develop your local software engineering team, attracting and maintaining strong talent pool.
- Coordinate with internal cross-functional engineering teams including hardware, software, validation and program management, ensuring customer expectations and targets are understood and met.
- Develop project schedules and manage resources, engaging with program and release management groups, while supporting the team with project execution.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of hands on experience as a technical manager with a proven track record demonstrating leadership, performance management & coaching; prioritizing business needs and managing risks.
- Self-starter, quick learner and able to achieve successful outcomes in a non-hierarchical environment, with minimal supervision or direction.
- Strong communication, collaboration and people management skills.
- Project management experience driving multisite and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in the semi-conductor domain which knowledge of pre / post silicon development cycles would be an asset.
- Experience with low level development under MS Windows would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Cryptography, DRM & Platform Security concepts would be an asset.
Requisition Number: 62809