The Manager of Platform Product Management is responsible for all phases of product development and management of a robust platform used to power several solutions across the Cambia ecosystem.
The person filling this role will negotiate game changing technical solutions for multiple customers. The role requires abstracting the problem to apply to multiple use cases and offering pragmatic solutions. You’ll partner with architects and engineers in solving complex business functionality. Translating business goals into achievable technology steps coordinated across multiple engineering teams, this role is highly engaging.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Accountable for a strong partnership with engineering teams to ensure successful platform development and support for multiple customer applications.
- Oversees development, refinement, and approval of new product concepts.
- Leads new product design and launch.
- Coordinates product messaging development, communications, and promotions.
- Coordinates operational, network, process, and systems changes needed to support new/changing products.
- Launches internal and external product/product training and communications.
- Manages product life cycle through obsolescence.
- Manages the designing of work plans, resource requirements, and organizational strategies required to accomplish necessary analysis and decision making.
- Provides ongoing reporting on product performance and activity and new product development.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of technical product development, management principles, strategic and operational planning, project implementation and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of group planning sessions. Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports, create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels and across the company.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities including ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others with minimal supervision, while developing department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Ability to operate independently to navigate organizational complexities and to obtain resources needed to move initiatives forward.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in both direct and matrix reporting relationships, with a proven ability to select, delegate, coordinate, and motivate staff.
- Ability to develop and manage cross divisional processes and clearly articulate complex information to achieve common goals.
The Manager of Platform Product Management would have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 10 years of experience in product management and 3 years of leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree is preferred.