We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Platform Engineering. The person in this position effectively manages resources, development activities, and projects related to IS&T. This position collaborates with IS&T Management and Leadership to ensure alignment with HealthPartners’ goals and strategies and compliance with security and infrastructure standards. This person develops, manages and mentors a cross functional teams and ensures that the team’s services meet the needs of the organization. The person in this position will be hands-on and leading in projects / programs that can span across technologies and Business Partners.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff, including having the authority to hire, transfer, lay off, promote, discipline and discharge, train, reward and review performance of employees. Ensures compliance to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Manages and leads infrastructure development team(s); planning, assigning, and directing deliverables. Schedules resources to projects and support activities to ensure effective use of available resources and skill levels.
- Initiates and/or partners with Business Partners to propose new or enhanced systems, recommend solutions, define project scope and requirements. Ensures alignment of projects with available resources as well as with departmental and organizational priorities. Actively plans for and participates in all applicable steering committees.
- Partners with IS&T application management, technical services management, architects, and IS&T specialists to define and implement software development infrastructure and standards.
- Ensures projects are planned, coordinated and managed effectively; enables and oversees staff project management deliverables.
- Manages the development and implementation of new web applications, systems software and enhancements to existing web applications or services. Plans and coordinates regularly scheduled releases which may include new features as well as changes / enhancements to existing platforms.
- Manages the ongoing support of environments and / or services. Ensures that support activities are closely coordinated with development and enhancement activities to ensure effective use of available resources.
- Reviews and approves all system installations, operational changes and securities to ensure compliance to all corporate and legislative controls.
- Partners within IS&T and Technical Infrastructure Services to ensure system quality, integrity, recoverability, and security. Actively participates in system usage / performance monitoring and capacity review and planning activities.
- Utilizes metrics to develop processes and procedures to improve operational efficiencies; provides reporting, trending and consultation to IS&T Senior Leadership.
- Assures areas of responsibility are financially managed; monitoring expenditures, managing monthly account variances, preparing annual budgets, and assuring effective and efficient use of budgeted funds.
- Creates requirements and RFI’s, evaluates, and recommends vended solutions from 3rd parties.
- Partners with IS&T Compliance and IS&T Security Management to ensure controlled and secure systems and data processing.
- Reviews and approves changes to production environments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent experience
- 5+ years IT Management Experience with direct staff administrative responsibilities
- 5+ years managing Medium to Large Projects
- System and development experience
- Budget Management experience; including variance management
- Negotiation and Arbitration management experience
- Strong communication expertise, written and orally
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with Business Partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Recent, relevant hands-on experience with infrastructure as code and the tools
- Recent, relevant hands-on experience with building and providing platforms
- ITIL Foundations
- Formal agile training and recent, relevant experience
- Experience with Cloud services (public and private)
- Experience with hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience planning and participating in Disaster Recovery scenarios
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #57913.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.