This position provides oversight to a platform engineering group and is responsible for supporting the design, development, implementation, and support of infrastructure automation and continuous delivery. This position manages the 24x7x365 operational support of operating systems, services, software, firmware and servers. This position focuses on internal and external customers to provide best in class service, with an emphasis on efficient resource management and audit controls.
- Be a thought leader and lead a high performing team. Serves as a senior point of technical expertise while managing and motivating team members. Communicates company goals, practices, and values. Responsible for hiring, training and assessing performance and development, and keeping management updated on team outcomes. Oversee on-call rotation schedules, ensuring staff adhere to SLAs for support. Additionally, oversee any Severity 1 system issues, performing triage and ensuring a well-organized efficient response.
- Lead automation of system and application infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance to infrastructure-as-code efforts.
- Guide efforts applied to identification, enhancement and automation of applications and systems.
- Ensure testing policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide input for employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met.
- Actively contribute toward the vision, organization and leadership of the Platform Engineering team.
- Enhance and mature the Agile software development lifecycle within the team by applying industry best practices and processes.
- Keep management informed of team progress, problems and solutions.
- Participate in and support initiatives for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Serve as main liaison between Platform Engineering and other departments within the company.
- Promote DevOps principles and collaborate with other groups.
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or 6 or more years of related industry experience.
- Two or more years of experience in the following:
- System automation, scripting, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Cloud technologies
- VMWare, Kubernetes, AWS, or similar
- Demonstrated experience with state of the art technology, architecture and design concepts, operating systems, database systems, computer networking, and security.
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools.
- Proven experience in Agile and DevOps software development philosophy, methodologies, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups and generate results.
- Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to envision project goals, product architectural solutions, and focus on details and tasks to ensure successful implementation.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Two or more years of prior leadership experience or team lead experience.
- Proven leadership skills in leading DevOps teams and their interaction across an organization.
- Background and drug screen.
- 3-5 years of experience management/leadership
- Experience leading Operations teams in Linux, Systems Administration or Big data environment
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to create technical solutions and implementation.