Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
We have an opening for a Plant Production Control Manager for our Bowling Green, Kentucky location. If you possess an interest and have experience as a supply chain professional check out the details below.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provides management and administration of the plant Production Control and Integrated Business Planning functions as directed.
- Works with Central Planning to schedule production of products (cans and ends) to fulfill customer requirements, meet shipping schedules and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Manages the plant warehouse functions, and related operations and personnel, to accommodate storage and shipment of raw materials and finished goods.
- Manages assigned external warehouses, including supplier management. Coordinates with central Logistics, Quality, and Sourcing to resolve issues.
- Provides forecast input for raw materials (i.e. metal, coatings, etc) to Sourcing.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of finished goods.
- Supervises the receipt, storage, and control of raw material for use in production.
- Coordinates with Order Fulfillment to resolve supply issues that are impacting customer deliveries
- Coordinates resolution of transportation and logistics issues impacting customer deliveries
- Manage production planning related to specific customer segments that require special administrative handling (ie Cash in Advance). Works with other Ball entities, as required (completed by scheduler where applicable).
- Supporting quality department on investigating on HFI, OSM, sort, and embargo as needed.
- Ability to negotiate with customers/contractors to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in the can or end making process. HS Diploma/Equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2 years' job related experience
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Experience leading production using continuous improvement / Lean & six sigma tools and methodology.
- APICS Certification
- Supply Planning with operational background
- Customer facing
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,000- 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Nearest Major Market: Bowling Green