The Plant Manager will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day manufacturing and distribution activities Bendix's Huntington manufacturing campus. This position will guide the facilities in their support of internal and external customer requirements. Maintains a positive working environment free of harassment, and discrimination. Directs continuous improvement activities and coordinates the development of the facilities, people, processes and capabilities. This position provides oversight for the facilities environmental, health and safety functions. In addition, the Plant Manager is responsible to ensure the facilities are compliant with IATF16949 quality requirements. Finally, this position has full responsibility to ensure the facilities reach target metric goals through use of world class manufacturing standards.
- Provides leadership for the implementation of the manufacturing and distribution strategies for Bendix's Huntington production/distribution facilities
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the entire Bendix, Huntington, Indiana operations. Managerial responsibility includes the departmental leaders of: HSE, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Human Resources and Continuous Improvement to achieve or exceed site goals.
- Drives the facilities to ensure safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and budget goals are achieved.
- Drives the shop floor management processes with escalation to corporate as needed.
- Establishes strong and effective working relationships that are conducive to maintaining a positive work environment.
- Drives accountability through the use of tools and other methods to track performance.
- Develops and recommends the annual operating and capital budgets for the operation of the site, and ensure that all financial targets are met.
- Evaluates departmental constraints and supports Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve capacities.
- Works closely with Plant and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to define cost-effective continuous improvement projects.
- Provides leadership to the Supply Chain team to ensure inventory accuracy and reduction goals are met.
- Is accountable for establishing and monitoring product safety related controls.
- Promotes and drives the organization's vision and utilization of World Class Manufacturing Standards.
- Champions change and facilitates team related functions to improve the business performance.
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Understands current quality policies and procedures (IATF 16949). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to product quality.
- Understands and applies policies consistently to team members.
- Must be able to travel monthly to attend leadership meetings in various locations in the United States and in Mexico.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading people, driving a positive work environment is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical evaluation software familiarity a plus.
- Strong Problem solving skills required.
- Strong Written and Oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles is required.
- Greenbelt Certification preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing operations experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience leading cross functional professionals.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar field.
- MBA is highly preferred.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Insurance Coverages that start your 1st day of employment:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Optional Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel
- Employee Assistance Programs