Manage plant mechanical and process operations to meet production expectations and maintain all operating parameters within limits of equipment design.
- Manage plant mechanical and process operations to meet production expectations and maintain all operating parameters within limits of equipment design
- Develop, maintain, and communicate operating procedures that will support a safe and efficient facility
- Establish and maintain open communications with plant, field, and gas control departments and personnel
- Understand and be able to explain to plant personnel the economic impacts of different types of operational deviations
- Manage internal and external audits and inspections and track and complete any resulting action items
- Monitor operating data to proactively address problems and minimize downtime impacts and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program
- Ensure that safety, environmental, and regulatory policies are followed and that standards of excellence are maintained to meet company and agency expectations
- Set goals, conduct periodic reviews, and administer disciplinary action of subordinates
- Take ownership of plant PSM program and coordinate program maintenance, review, and training requirements
- Identify and schedule training courses pertinent to assigned personnel to support personal and professional growth and development
- Coordinate and participate in required safety, regulatory, and environmental training
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- 8+ years of experience.
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental, and regulatory programs and leading by example
- Properly utilize all PPE as required by area, tasks, and hazards
- Ability to maintain facility as a neat, clean, and orderly workplace
- Effective written and verbal skills to communicate with upper management, reports, internal groups, agencies, and customers.
- Knowledge of PSM program requirements and able to coordinate creation and maintenance of an effective and compliant program
- Experience in and knowledge of compression, PD and centrifugal pumps, amine gas sweetening, glycol and mole sieve dehydration, cryogenic gas processing, electrical, control, plant utilities, and liquid handling equipment.
- Previous experience in management and supervision of personnel.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring proper flows, temperatures, pressures, and levels for plant processes and equipment is maintained.
- Understanding of plant NGL liquids, liquid stabilizer, and stabilized product.
- Truck loading and unloading operations
- Must be familiar with all environmental permits and reporting requirements
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Manager must live within a 60 mile radius of the plant
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Enterprise Business Systems, Plant DCS and SCADA
- Excellent analytical skills, able to identify deviations, and take appropriate corrective action
- Strong team leader and customer focus orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Operation and understanding of gas processing plant systems and equipment
- Operation of sulfur management equipment to include sulfur recovery units and acid gas injection systems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Driving, walking, and standing frequently
- Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
- Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
- Occasional overnight travel may be required