The Manager of Physician Coding is responsible for the oversight of documentation and coding processes within the EHPP physician practices and for providing support to the overall revenue cycle of the physician practices to ensure proper reimbursement and compliance with coding guidelines and regulations. Educates Physicians and staff on annual coding updates. Performs audits of internal coders and physician coding on a regular basis with re-education as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or other health-related field or actively pursuing
- RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS-P or CPC certification
- Completion of a Medical Terminology Course
- Completion of ICD-9 and/or CPT-4 Coding Courses
- 5-10 years’ experience with progressive management experience in a health-related profession
- Preferred - Medical coding auditexperience
ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK Novice MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Novice MICROSOFT EXCEL Novice PAYOR/INSURANCE BENEFITS Novice MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY Novice ICD9 Novice CPT Novice HEALTHCARE BILLING Novice
Bachelors or better.
5-10 years:5 - 10 years experience with progressive management experience in a health-related profession