Job Summary: Under general direction of the Clinical Operations Director and accountable to Grayling and Cadillac Senior Leadership, this position will work collaboratively with the Clinical Services Managers and various teams to lead initiatives to identify and implement process and policy standardization throughout the medical practice in a effort to maximize pay-for-performance incentives from all payers—commercialand government programs. Continually improves processes by seeking ways to eliminate and reduce waste. This role collaborates with medical practice leadership to identify process improvement and standardization opportunities and, in conjunction with the technical, revenue cycle and performance improvement teams, implements these across all practices. Promotes teamwork by keeping others informed, participating effectively in group decision making, working to accomplish team objectives and projects and soliciting feedback about one’s effectiveness as a team member. This position will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the designated Medical Director for Quality at Grayling and Cadillac.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administration, Operations Management, or other relevant discipline is required. Current Registered Nurse and/or Master’s degreepreferred. Four or more years of progressively more responsible work experience and leadership in a health care setting, in an ambulatory, medical office, or outpatient environment. Classes in communications, computers, business, and word processing preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication. Must have excellent customer relations. Must have computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, etc. Use word processing software. Knowledge of medical terminology required(as needed by the department).
Skills, Talents and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal skills needed to effectively supervise the staff and tointeract with internal/external customers. Maintains strong communication skills during situations requiring sensitive interactions. Require independent judgment and action to oversee departmental processes. Must maintain high level of confidentiality and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/functions. Ability to problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking skills. Must possess the ability to mentally concentrate while being subject to interruptions and changing work priorities. The individual must be able to work independently to meet the various assignments and deadlines. Must exercise independent judgment. Develop processes. Maintain confidentiality.
Physical Efforts: Physical effort includes consistent sitting. Must have near vision, far vision, depth perception
Behavioral Expectations: (Common to all positions)
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Treat others and their ideas with respect and dignity.
- Set a good example for others.
- Be an active coach for everyone in the organization.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and communication.
- Insist on excellence and be accountable to one another.
- Build group cohesiveness and pride through teamwork.
- Demonstrate confidence in Munson Health and its workforce in all areas of the community.
- Value and promote creativity and the change process.
- Be a good communicator and listener; be available and visible.
- Develop yourself to your highest potential.
- Active participation in Quality Initiatives.
Age of Patients Served:
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below: x No clinical contact withpatients
Neonate/Infant Preschool School Age
Adolescence Adult Geriatric
- Works with the Clinical Operations Director and each designated Medical Director to facilitate thedevelopment of an annual quality pay-for-performance incentive.
- Model the financial impact of quality pay-for-performance incentive programs; provide detailed monitoring and reporting for various committees and leadership.
- Serve as a resource to leadership for all pay-for-performance incentive programs.
- Meets regularly with each designated Medical Director to inform and advice on ongoing progress towards goals set for the year.
- Works with senior leaders to provide necessary information for the tracking of the financial incentives that are expected and received.
- Conduct provider and staff education and training related to quality.
- Partners with management, physicians and staff from the practices to identify and design solutions for issues, inconsistencies and areas to improve quality and inventive business operations.
- Manages institution-wide projects, including the identification of issues or inconsistencies, thedesign and implementation of solutions, and managing communication and training of the affected staff and physicians.
- Collaborates with Central Billing Office, Information Systems, Quality and Clinical Services to design and implement efficient and standardized workflows across all / multiple ambulatory practice sites.
- Facilitates discussions with appropriate stakeholders (practice leaders, clinicians, staff, payers, etc.) to develop content that supports effective practice management and medical front and back office business practice.
- Works with the practices to ensure that requested changes to the user-defined areas of theelectronic health system (Visit Types, Cancelation Reasons, etc.) are standardized and make sense for the business.
- Participates in committees directly relating to quality and incentive issues and activities.
- Assists with the coordination of compliance activities that assure regulatory rules governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies are met for the departments and ambulatory practices.
- Evaluates quality associate continued education needs.
- Utilizes evidence based practice standards to develop policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the orientation/preceptorship of new quality office employees.
- Ensures compliance with requirements/standards established by licensing, regulatory, payor and accreditation agencies.
- Develops, implements, and monitors plans related to education and required competencies, orientation, retention, cultural competence, conflict management, and coaching of associates toensure safe, quality patient services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Req # 27321