Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.
The Payroll Manager will report to and work closely with the Assistant Controller. Oversee and manage the payroll process of employees in US, Canada and Australia, with a team of 3 payroll specialists; provide payroll data to internal and external stakeholders, as needed. Perform audits and reconciliations of payroll data. Audit and sign-off on all Bi-weekly, Semi-monthly and monthly payrolls.
What You'll Do
- Act as System Administrator to update and maintain Ultipro payroll application.
- Generate and build reports for finance, human resources, benefits and third-party vendors utilizing Business Intelligence.
- Perform Tax reconciliations for quarter end and year-end filings
- Facilitate and perform regular payroll audits and prepare supporting schedules for external and internal auditors
- Facilitate compliance in respect of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Manage implementations of payroll system upgrades and new system applications
- Responsible for maintaining SOX policies, procedures and compliance with respect to the payroll process
- Provides payroll information by answering questions & requests and prepares reports compiling information of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of Managerial experience – managing processes and people
- 10 + years of Payroll management and processing
- Experience with ProBusiness, RxR Reportwriter, Ultipro, Business Intelligence (BI), ADP (pay@work, Payforce)
- Experience with Ultimate Time management (UTM) timekeeping
- Superior Analytical skills and ability to create analytical reporting for business partners
- Intermediate experience with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Business knowledge of HR, 401(k) and ACA policies
- Experience preparing and filing US Multi-state, Canada Tax returns
- Bachelor's Degree in business
- Excellent verbal and written communication expected