Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting to the Director Payroll & Benefits Operations, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of assigned payroll and benefits processes, including year-end activities and reconciliations as well as coordination and review of shadow payroll for our expatriate population.
Global Mobility Programs:
- Lead implementation and manage all aspects of global mobility payrolls, including relevant policies, processes, payroll mobility cases, vendors, costs, employee experience and outcomes. Programs include extended and short term business travel, short term and long term assignments, permanent transfers, and location flex arrangements.
- Shadow payroll processing and coordination for all global mobility programs
- Resolve global payroll reporting, withholding and payment issues by researching policies and procedures
- Establish appropriate controls to ensure compliance with internal payroll processes and ensure legislative requirements are met including developing payroll guidelines and procedures
- Oversee payroll team for international payrolls, pension and benefit operations (example, USA, India, UK or other locations as assigned) and provide oversight to international payroll processing
- Review and reconcile yearend tax payroll, benefits and pension reporting
- Assist with yearend internal and external audits
General Role Accountabilities:
- Manage vendor relationship and assist with ad-hoc projects
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes, create operational efficiencies and foster a culture of continuous improvement, enhanced controls and data integrity
- Contribute to the talent development culture by advocating for effective use of our programs and working with internal stakeholders to develop appropriate programs
- Handle escalations received, including inquiries and exception requests in a timely manner to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution in Payroll/Benefits/Pension inquires
- Provide mentoring and training to junior members of the team
The preferred candidate will have minimum 8+ years experience in payroll, ideally as part of an organization with offices across multi-locations.
- Experience with international payroll, pension and benefits, managing multiple payroll Vendors and providing oversight to accuracy and timeliness if payroll processing
- Experience managing a small team of payroll professionals
- Strong planning and organizational skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to lead payroll/ benefits projects and identify innovative solutions to streamline payroll/ benefits processes
- Very detailed oriented with a superior track record of achieving high quality results
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proven ability to maintain sensitive and highly confidential information
- Advanced Excel skills for reporting, metrics and data validation
- Proficiency with various payroll software and programs, including ADP Streamline, ADP Workforce Now, ADP Freedom and Workday is considered an asset
- Ability to clearly define and articulate requirements, priorities, impacts, and solutions
- Ability to foster effective working relationships at all levels internally and with external partner
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance