Our client provides consumer products on a national basis. Their back-office operations are essential to the ongoing efficiency of the company and they wish to hire a Manager, Payroll & Benefits that is responsible for maintaining employee data systems, processing payroll for multiple sites, creating and distributing communication/information about payroll, benefits, compensation and otherassociate related programs, administering benefits and conducting enrollments.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Manage and guarantee disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to all employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Manage the HRIS database for payroll, benefits and personal employee data which includes ensuring the processing of new hires, temporary workers, compensation changes, transfers, promotions and terminations are accurate and timely.
- Review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations to align processes and create continuous improvement.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions,retention, etc.).
- Manage associate benefits and eligibility.
- Develop and deploy employee education regarding benefits and enrollment in programs.
- Work with benefits administrators to ensure appropriate service and coverage for associates.
- Respond to inquiries for vacation and other paid time off.
- Manage personnel files.
- Review unemployment forms.
- Handle employment verification.
- Investigate associate issues, as they arise, if needed.
- Work with auditors for payroll, 401(k), benefits, reporting, etc.
- Research and recommend payroll/HRIS/file software based on organizational needs and oversee effective implementation
- Bachelors' Degree preferred
- Payroll certification is a big plus
- 5-7 years' relevant experience
- Experience with payroll technology
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of federal, state and local payroll tax and payroll laws
- Extensive PayCom knowledge is a plus
- Prior systems conversion experience is preferred
- bilingual English/Spanish is a plus