The Manager, Payments Strategy & Analytics is a visionary in the payments field. Constantly surveying the payments landscape, championing payments innovation. Researches, recommends, and oversees implementation of new products and services in collaboration with product managers and Vice President Payments. Responsible for creating product roadmaps for the Payments area, including the credit and debit card portfolios, money movement (Zelle, external transfers, etc.), ATMs, and ACH. Monitors portfolio performance and recommends initiatives to promote growth, increase efficiencies, and increase revenue. Responsible for planning and execution of ATM expansion, which includes placement, profitability, lease negotiation, and brand image.
Incumbent will lead a team of payments analysts responsible for the analysis and distribution of data related to all payment channels (ATMs, credit cards, debit cards, item processing, ACH, and money movement). Responsibilities include planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to reporting on key performance indicators (KPI's), including a summarization of findings and recommendations to enhance portfolio performance and profitability. Performs independent research and analysis to determine trends associated with VyStar's portfolios, and compares results against industry data to identify opportunities. The position is responsible for defining the needs of Payments management as they relate to information reporting, analysis, and distribution. Through the strategic use of information, this position will help create competitive advantage and maintain/increase profitability for the credit union.
Incumbent and team will partner with business unit managers and the project management office to develop business requirements, functional design documents, and test plans. Partners with product managers to complete end-user testing. Ensures systems are used at maximum potential to meet operational needs.JOB DUTIES
- Creates and maintains product roadmaps; reprioritizing as needed based on shifts in the industry and/or credit union strategy.
- Makes formal recommendations to Senior Management, Board of Directors, and ALCO Committee for new products and services, price/rate changes, etc.
- Recommends strategy for payments channels based on market trends and emerging technology.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise a diverse team of analysts who support various functions; influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Coordinates and/or performs data analysis by mining information from various data sources and constructing data into meaningful, actionable information to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives. Identifies areas of opportunity through analysis of key performance metrics/indicators for business units.
- Serves as a core team participant for projects and implementations related to all areas of Payments. Assists product managers and the project management office with the creation of business requirements, functional design documents, and test plans. Performs end-user testing. Partners with Information Systems to resolve product defects prior to implementation.
- Serves as technical liaison between vendors and IT staff.
- Assists product managers on the analysis of new and existing products and programs, and contributes to the creation of business cases.
- Gathers data needed to plan promotional campaigns and provides post-campaign results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
VyStar Excellence Behaviors: Demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence Behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus - Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
- Connect - Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand - Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
- Counsel - Recommend solutions based on your client's or member's needs and objectives.
- Advance - Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
Education and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisor or manager role
- Minimum of 5 years in electronic payments or card operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Preferred Knowledge in ATMs, Card Services, Item Processing, and ACH/money movement
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build rapport and professionally interact at all levels within the organization.
- Familiarity with agile approach.
- Able leader who can lead by example, keeps team motivated to work toward continuous improvement and to achieve team goals.
- Strong communication skills including presentation, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor analysts.
- Creative, logical & strategic thinker with very strong analytical skills.
- Ability to assist with multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must possess leadership and problem-solving skills and have ability to negotiate with and influence others across all organizational levels and functions.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel and vendors/partners.
- Strong knowledge of database, data analysis and statistical tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel and Power Point.
- Maintains professional composure, objectivity and fairness when dealing with conflict or sensitive matters.
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities.