We are seeking an experienced Manager/Senior Manager, Health Policy and Payer Relations to support a designated region/territory of the United States. The position creates and executes strategies to represent Abbott CV&N market access and reimbursement engagements with U.S. regional commercial health insurance and local Medicare plans to effect timely patient access for new and emerging technologies. The incumbent will work closely with local stakeholders including Abbott CV&N sales and marketing professionals, physicians, administrators, medical directors, and others.
Impact this role will have on Abbott CV&N:
- Creates, leads, and executes on strategies that increase the direct and recurring engagement with key individuals employed by regional insurance plans to foster education and policy supportassociated with Abbott technologies.
- Leverage internal and external assets (ex. data and analytics, market intelligence, trade association resources and consulting experts) to ensure an understanding of local market dynamics which may affect timely access to medical care or approved technologies offered by the company.
- Liaise with global counterparts on varied approaches to market access based upon health system design financing mechanisms.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to effect timely coverage and payment from regional public and private payers. Provide comment on clinical and economic evidence requirements to better enable timely access and payer coverage for new and existing technologies.
- Develops and implements regional/ territory market access strategy(ies) to create awareness and understanding for Abbott technologies.
- Work closely with Patient Therapy Access team to align on trends or issues regarding commercial health insurance coverage and clinical guidelines.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to affect timely coverage and payment from regional public and private payers.
- Provide comment on clinical and economic evidence requirements to better enable timely access and payer coverage for new and existing technologies.
- Track and monitor engagement / projects outcomes, delivering qualitative and quantitative results for the enterprise.
- Supportother projects and activities associated with Abbott’s Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement group as directed by its leadership team.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree is preferred or equivalent work experience within the medical device industry.
- 5-8years of managed care and reimbursement management experience in the diagnostic or surgical device fields (executive level experiencepreferred).
- Experienced in developing and maintaining relationships with commercial insurance carriers to affect coverage policy change within the medical device industry.
- Progressively more responsibleexperience positively impacting product or market access and reimbursement to a class II medical device company or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in shaping local market conditions, adoption and coverage policies for new, emerging and / or legacy technologies.
- Develops and supportsother Market Access Managers to increase external (payer) and internal relationships, market access, and product reimbursement strategies.
- Have strong analytical and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting timely deadlines.
- Proven success performing under pressure and in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Has a high degree of initiative, motivation and passion for the business.
- Experienced working, directing, and taking direction with all levels of management.
- Understands and has experience working complex disease states and technical product information.
- Advanced personal computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in working within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experienced in leveraging and/or engaging others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%.