In this position you will:
- Develop, manage and direct patient dining services including the menu ordering process, tray assembly and/or delivery, safety, sanitation, quality, and patient dining relations.
- Develop and implement practices, policies and procedures for patient dining services.
- Manage patient dining services ensuring supervisors, line and service staff are empowered and team has high employee morale.
- Manage to ensure high quality in a customer-oriented environment.
- Monitor, coach and mentor supervisors and staff to meet high levels of performance and accountability.
- Ensure the service and delivery of quality food/beverage that is accurate and meets the therapeutic dietary needs of patients.
- Work through supervisors and ensure line and service staff continuously refine and develop new programs, processes and practices to achieve high standards and best practices to meet the vision, standards, budgets, benchmarking and goals of the organization.
- Be responsible to manage and achieve financial and operational budgetary goals/guidelines, benchmarks, productivity targets and patient satisfaction goals for area of responsibility.
- Hire, discipline, evaluate and discharge employees in area of responsibility.
- Be a member of the hospital nutrition services senior leadership group.
- Perform duties in a manner that promote team concept in the hospital and reflects the Providence Health and Services mission, philosophy, and core values.
- Take responsibility of operation of the Food and Nutrition Service's Department in absence of the Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in food and nutrition and/or food management and/or equivalent education or experience
- Valid Washington Food Handlers Permit or Serv Safe Certification.
- 5 years hospital, retail or hotel food and nutrition service departments with progressive supervisory and managerial responsibility, including responsibility for financial and operational budgets
- Valid Washington Food Handers Permit at time of hire
- Serve-Safe certification required within 3 months employment
- Experience in infection control and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards
- Experience in managerial and supervisory principles.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication.
- Using personal computers and standard office software application such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of experience with responsibility that includes demonstration of successful customer service relationships and effective interactions with patient care teams, managers, RN's, CNA's and Nursing Administration.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.