281570AdventHealth East Orlando seeks to hire a Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of AdventHealth's seven satellite facilities, became part of the AdventHealth system in 1990. At AdventHealth East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients' quality of life through a holistic approach to health care — mind, body and spirit — while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation. During the past ten years, we've invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children's Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit. The hospital is also home to the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program.
The Manager, under general direction, plans, develops, organizes, directs and manages all inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation, and emergent areas of the Patient Access Department, as assigned. Executes comprehensive oversight of supervisory duties in absence of Senior Leadership. Creates synergies, maintains bidirectional communication, and acts as a liaison between Patient Access and clinical and administrative partners within the hospital setting and beyond. Ensures open communication and collaboration toward common goals. Focuses on process improvement strategies with special emphasis on up-front cash collection outcomes to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital, in addition to, patient experience outcomes. Interviews applicants and processes new hire paperwork at assigned campus. Creates and sustains a positive, productive, and collaborative work environment measured through employee engagement scores. Actively participates in exemplary customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Self-motivator, quick thinker
- Ability to communicate professionally while maintaining confidence, confidentiality, integrity and objectivity
- Detail-oriented with good organizational, computer, analytical, and follow-up skills
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing employee/patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix and to act accordingly
- Ability to operate general office machines such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, scanners
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple tasks, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
- Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills
- Strong competence in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Skilled to mentor and coach team members for optimal success
- Bachelor's degree and/or higher-level education, or completed coursework, in Health Services Administration or other related medical or business field
- Five (5) years in Patient Access/Patient Financial Services department or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical office, contract management)
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Previous leadership experience within healthcare and/or related field (Preferred)
- Actively engaged leadership development coursework (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management Certified Healthcare Access Manager (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Plans, develops, organizes, directs and manages all inpatient, outpatient, emergency rehabilitation and preregistration areas, as assigned. Responsible for all Patient Access outcomes in assigned areas. Identifies problems proactively for expedited resolution. Creates synergies, maintains bidirectional communication, and acts as a liaison between Patient Access and clinical, financial and administrative partners within the hospital setting and beyond. Ensures open communication and collaboration toward common goals.
- Ensures all patient accounts are created, verified, authorized and/or preregistered in a timely manner with appropriate follow up for account completion and up-front collection in all registration areas. Ensures compliance with patient discharge process. Enables department to achieve or exceed current standards of total time patient is in department by assisting with registration, as needed. Consistently ensures team members understand the importance of clear and thorough financial and insurance assessments, as well as, accurate demographic information in order to maintain a close working relationship with clinical and financial partners and provide patients with excellent service
- Focuses on process improvement strategies with special attention to up-front cash collections outcomes to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital. Reviews all collection reports available, communicates outcomes to team and leadership in a timely manner, and provides accurate statistical records and reports. Holds self and staff accountable for individual and team goals set by Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) Department. Provides encouragement, education, and training to motivate team members in collections. May perform cashiering functions and other duties as required in support of the pre-established legal and financial guidelines of Florida Hospital.
- Assesses the work performance and productivity of all assigned team members. Presents timely written and verbal directions to employees to ensure they are well-informed regarding performance requirements for their role, as indicated. Evaluates and performs progressive discipline to employees according to guidelines established by department Administrative Director, Director, and Human Resources department of Florida Hospital, as required. Makes self-available to provide team members with tools and training needed to assist in meeting accuracy standards goals, minimize department registration errors, rejections, and avoidable denials.
- Interviews applicants for open positions within respective areas of responsibility using action based interviewing program. Processes required paperwork for all new hires while following departmental guidelines and uses correct formula to quote hire in salaries, if necessary. Ensures 90 day, on the job training program is successful at campus level. Provides succession planning and encouragement to team members in order to promote positive career growth within Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) and Florida Hospital.
- Accountable for patient satisfaction and employee engagement scores, meeting goals set by Florida Hospital and Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) department. Promotes an atmosphere of open communication for staff, clinical partners, and customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, payors, etc.) at all times, interacting in a professional manner in up-front collection procedures, service recovery initiatives, general patient or department concerns.
- Meets monthly department financials by managing staffing levels that are within the set labor standards adjusting staff base on patient volume, and limiting use of overtime. Provides continual coverage in order to offer prompt patient service and be available for all clinical partners' registration needs. Regularly reviews monthly budget and volume reports. Limits use of overtime by monitoring productivity. Ensures employee performance and attendance documentation is current and accurate.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.