Plans, coordinates, and controls all activities of the 24/7 Patient Access department to achieve quality customer service, data collection, and financial objectives. Oversees registration of patients for medical (e.g., admission, outpatient surgery, diagnostic and series outpatients, emergency) and financial (e.g., financial counseling, insurance verification, cashiering) services. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- No professional certifications required
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role with 2 years in a related healthcare area
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of hospital accounts receivable functions
- Experience in change management, including leading teams during system implementations and upgrades
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP), Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR), or Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must be able to supervise and coordinate patient registration and financial services operations
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to train and supervise personnel and work well with staff at all levels
- Proven aptitude for problem-solving and critical thinking
- Must be able to apply basic verbal and non-verbal communication to identify and reduce patient and family/friends anxiety and concerns
- Able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Ability to present findings and recommendations verbally and in presentations and written documents
- Manages the registration functions in a 24/7 department.
- Utilizes all statistical and financialreports as tools to analyze and direct departmental operations.
- Maintains quality control programs, including reviews of denial information as appropriate in the Patient Access department.
- Onboards and provides in-services and training, continuing education, and development to all persons in the Patient Access department.
- Identifies space and other resources needed by the Patient Access department.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of the Patient Access department.
- Responds quickly to work volumes and patient/family needs.
- Tracks performance and turnaround times to ensure ongoing attention to timely processing.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and the department.
- Monitors full-time employee usage and adjusts staffing levels accordingly, helping to meet departmental budget.
- Supports Director, Patient Access in implementing and achieving Revenue Cycle goals and initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentor team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourage ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Requisition #: 23313