JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of Park Wide and software systems for large multi-faceted theme park development under contract with vendor(s). Provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative core teams during all aspects of the progress of work.
- Produces system scope of work and manages progress from design through installation. Supervises installation, test and adjustment of Park Wide systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications to include: network equipment, telephony, POS equipment, card key access control systems and equipment, central control and security facility and systems, CCTV systems, cash control systems, building management systems, RF allocation and management, weather station, ticketing systems, and area development audio systems.
- Reviews designs and documentation from contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, specifications, FCC, NEC, and local building codes. Leads design and production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Oversees contractor's mock-up, prototype, and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting operational intent and employing Universal Specifications.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system Park Wide systems specifications.
SCOPE: Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands. Non-routine, general policies applied for frequently changing situations. Influences decisions of major nature. Degree of tact and diplomacy to obtain favorable decision or maintain good will.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations commensurate with Baccalaureate training in Electrical, electronic and/or Software engineering.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex series of tasks and vendor(s) to develop and implement Park Wide systems and Software. Strengths in schedule analysis and management, contract management, and electrical contracting management preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Electrical, Electronic, and / or Software Engineering. Master's degree in Electrical, Electronic, and / or Software Engineering.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Low Voltage electrical license preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 15 Years' Experience in the design, specification, implementation, testing, and commissioning of commercial and industrial building management, security, communication, cash processing, and data control systems required. Theme park audio, security, and building management systems experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.