An outstanding opportunity exists for the right person with papermaking fundamentals to join Neenah – Brownville New York Mill management team. Neenah is a publicly traded leading global specialty materials company, focused on premium niche markets that value performance and image. Key products and markets include advanced filtration media, specialized performance substrates used for tapes, labels and other products, and premium printing and packaging papers.
Support a culture of continuous improvement in Safety
- Accountable and responsible for safety successes/failures in the facility.
- Personally, engage in safety that supports employee value and care, and ensure direct reports meet the same expectation.
- Manage the value and performance of Leading Safety Metrics through coaching and support, showing continuous improvement in defined metrics.
- Ensure all state and federal requirements for employee safety knowledge and training are met annually.
- Utilize non-routine work permitting and hazard identification/risk analysis (HIRA) to drive proactive improvement.
- Drive daily risk reduction by embracing job safety analysis, workplace exposure assessments and pre task risk assessments.
Ensure compliance with quality standards
- Accountable and responsible for quality performance of the assets.
- Ensure asset team executes in a planned manner on CARs initiated by the Technical/Quality Leader.
- Ensure fact finding investigation with corrective action for all customer complaints and significant non-conformances.
Achieve long-term converting advantage for the Fine Paper Business
- Ensure operational risk assessment and remediation is a daily activity.
- Develop specific annual strategies to improve yield, uptime, and labor efficiency, targeting Neenah Operating System methods for execution.
- Leverage data acquisition system to lead asset performance improvement
- Utilize asset-based teams to drive engagement and individual success.
- All completed organic and capital cost savings projects are managed to execution standards and audited for compliance to control plan on a monthly basis.
- Leverage data acquisition systems to define employee’s controllable metrics (i.e. loss per job, speed compliance, conformance to plan) and ensure reporting in Operations Meetings and communication to crews daily.
- Loss events follow documented protocol for fact finding and full, documented investigation within 72 hours:
- Any major process loss over $10,000.
- Equipment delay (over 4 hours)
Support capital spending to sustain operations, support strategic initiatives and reduce costs while meeting financial expectations
- Lead facility Operations Team in developing, prioritizing, and managing the execution of cost savings initiatives for the facility.
- Achieve targeting cost savings results through urgent execution of organic and capital project execution.
Enhance Organizational Development
- Manage with a high level of balanced accountability for yourself, direct reports, and hourly workforce.
- Ensure asset leadership resources are focused on strategic asset performance management and operational execution (not Supervisory or Administrative duties)
- Development direct reports and align skills (strategic thinking, project management, leadership) to drive high achievement and accountability through training and succession planning.
- Drive hourly employee development and engagement in key initiatives around safety and cost improvement.
- Participate in cross functional teams to share best practices and improve performance of all assets.
- A BA degree desired in engineering, paper science preferred
- Candidate must have papermaking fundamentals.
- Preference is 7-10 years’ experience in paper manufacturing facility.
- A track record of proven performance/consistently meeting objectives, and leading or supporting safety programs in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- Experience with customer interactions; ideally collaborating with others to help define needs, identify solutions and resolve problems.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Experience with Oracle is helpful.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced production setting.