The Manager, Paid Social Media and Analytics is responsible for the strategy and execution of paid social marketing campaigns across PBS' social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other emerging social/digital platforms. The candidate will serve as the internal subject matter expert for all paid social media plans, buys, insights and performance reporting, working with social media strategists, creative teams, outside agencies and other cross functional teams to further PBS' in-house media buying capability around evergreen social content promotion. The candidate will establish and lead relationships with key platform partners, manage IOs, media spends/budgeting and invoicing.
In addition to social media buying, planning, execution and reporting, the Manager Paid Social Media and Analytics will also lead efforts to measure audience development and engagement across PBS' social platforms, set goals and KPIs, and conduct ongoing audits, assessments and reporting to keep internal stakeholders informed around insights related targeting, reach and engagement. This role acquires and analyzes relevant data and metrics and to make recommendations to PBS headquarters as well as stations and producers to identify social media content that increases engagement for, and loyalty to, PBS and local station social media content. This position will help establish and launch genre-specific audience engagement efforts.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute paid media plans for social campaigns across relevant social and digital platforms, including spend, targeting and objectives.
- Develop, execute and test (A/B testing) across campaign variables that helps inform future campaigns
- Brainstorm and research targeting and copy ideas for specific campaigns, including new betas and opportunities to innovate with platform partners
- Maintain and optimize campaigns to improve overall performance against pre-determined benchmarks on an ongoing basis
- Develop, document and implement Paid Social media best practices within PBS and provide guidance/best practices to PBS local stations and producers
- Keep abreast of platform opportunities and develop POVs to communicate relevant updates to internal teams
- Working in tandem with social team, help set audience engagement and growth goals across all social media platforms
- Identifies and acquires key day-to-day data and metrics that capture PBS Social Media performance; analyze data to evaluate the successes and areas for improvement; and present and discuss goals and recommendations for future initiatives with Social Media and other cross functional teams
- Design and maintain reports summarizing Social Media performance at a campaign, genre and content level, providing insights around performance, learnings, engagement and opportunities; circulate and interpret reports to major stakeholders
- Working with Social Media team, establish and maintain a high standard for the quality and sophistication of analytics.
- Assist company-wide social media efforts and strategies to drive engagement, exposure, tune-in, and fan evangelism, in addition to providing support for all of our priority programs' social media efforts.
- Assist the Social Media team in seeking new opportunities for PBS social media outposts and experimentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- 3-4 years of paid social media experience
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Strong working understanding of paid media execution across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms and supporting technology. Hands-on experience managing campaign strategy, optimization and reporting
- Track record of achieving performance goals by leveraging paid social tactics
- Experience working on enterprise-level paid social media accounts with variable budgets, as well as scaling, managing and reporting on paid social budgets; exceptional ability to stay within budgets and forecast
- Familiarity with YouTube, Google AdWords, or OTT platforms a plus
- Highly organized, data-driven and execution focused
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to analyze performance data in order to assist decision making
- Strong presentation, project management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional department
- Takes the initiative and effectively anticipates what's needed.