The Manager, Paid Search position is a 3-pronged role. You will be accountable for the day-to-day management of a client's paid search marketing initiatives, managing the junior members of the team, and focusing increasingly on strategy development for your dedicated account(s). You will have all the star qualities of a Senior Associate but work more autonomously – usually reporting directly to an Associate Search Director or Director. You are expected to function at a highly efficient level utilizing advanced execution skills and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- You'll lead the day-to-day supervision of client paid search programs including strategic approaches, bid recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting and overall goal achievement
- Develop positive relationships with search community, vendors and Directors for optimal service levels and results
- Understand the client’s product, marketing objectives and digital goals with an emphasis on paid search, presenting to clients on regular basis
- This is a management role, so you'll perform as a leader with minimal supervision
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance analytics, based on client KPI targets and baselines. Work towards Google Analytics certification.
- Stay on top of the latest updates regarding tools and User Interfaces (AdWords, Bing, Bid Management Platforms, eMarketer, SEMrush, Search Engine Land, AdCenter, AdGooroo, etc.)
- Think creatively, do research, and develop tools and innovative tactics to improve efficiencies or advance the practice. Present practical ideas for future marketing expansion or optimization.
- Actively contribute to corporate initiatives, automation projects, process changes and roll-outs.
- Build, or assist in crafting, POVs, standard methodologies, and key process documentation
- Campaign Strategy definition and implementation, working closely with other internal departments to develop fully integrated search campaigns
- Stay current on industry trends, focusing on how changes can help improve offerings to accounts and enhance our overall practice.
- You'll join us because you have gained a minimum of 3 years of paid search campaign management experience
- You'll have gained essential experience in Analytical Tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, Omniture), Search Engine Desktop Tools (Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor).
- You'll be an emerging expert in Pay-Per-Click (PPC) optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Bid Management tools (DoubleClick Search, Kenshoo, Marin, etc. Marin & Searchlight) as well as 3rd Party Tracking Tools (DoubleClick, Floodlight, Sizmek, etc.)
- Experience meeting with and delighting clients is essential
- Working knowledge of Paid Social a plus
- Ambition to manage and mentor junior members of a team; prior experience as a manager a plus
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment