Manages daily operations within the Agency's Property & Casualty Agency Support teams. Cross functionally supporting Agency through key controls, process improvement, and by directly monitoring all activities, and projects. Implements and monitors key Underwriting File review to ensure quality submissions meet or exceed our carrier expectations.
- Manages the Property & Casualty Support teams who support our P&C Sales Partners and our Operational Support teams through process and underwriting file review. Ensures all functions are completed within the correct parameters in order to meet the Agency goals.
- Communicates work expectations to the Supervisory team and reviews current work flow processes on a quarterly basis to ensure standards are met based on the budget and operational priorities.
- Mitigates exposure to Agency through quality control metrics while adhering to the P&C Service and Insurance carrier service standards.
- Formulates and maintains quality control processes and coordinates objectives with Sales, Service and Operations to maximize efficiency, quality while minimizing financial exposure.
- Direct management of team responsible for the remittance of premiums for each Property & Casualty carrier. Timely resolution of all financial discrepancies.
- Identifies areas for operational improvement and engage in, and/or lead continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Manages and reviews the pre/post Producer File review to ensure accurate underwriting controls are in place while ensuring the agency meets the statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the establishment of policies and procedures with senior management. Executes timely, and implements fluid workflow within each assigned business unit.
- Reviews business processes to ensure accuracy, efficiency in productivity measures and adherence to internal and external client service level standards, as well as recommends the necessary changes to maintain a competitive advantage. Make recommendations to increase productivity and/or decrease cost.
- Ensures product and department integrity by maintaining compliance with state, federal and insurance carrier guidelines, as well as standards set forth within the Agency, and HRS.
- Maintains and fosters carrier relationships, including State Agencies, Insurance Wholesalers, & Regional Carriers, to ensure prompt and efficient service for our clients and the Agency.
- Works with Agency Compliance, carriers and Paychex Legal to ensure Federal/State regulation compliance is achieved and strategic business decisions are implemented.
- Researches and proposes enhancements to existing products? operational processes to create efficiencies and maintain service levels.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Sales, Premier, MMS, Product Management, Operations, IT and Accounting partners to ensure optimal service to clients with minimal breakdowns between internal Paychex teams.
- Recruits, selects, hires and evaluates performance of both exempt and non exempt personnel to ensure all department needs are handled appropriately.
- Counsels and develops staff for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Assists in the preparation of the capital and operating budgets for the cost center(s) and analyzes interdepartmental reports as they relate to the cost center(s). Achieves cost center projections through labor expense and administrative expense controls.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 7 years of experience in Related field.
- 2 years of experience in Supervisory experience, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Property and Casualty license . (Required)