The Outpatient Nutrition Manager leads a team of registered dieticians to provide clinical guidance for nutrition and dietary therapy to BMC's diverse ambulatory patient population. The Nutrition Manager collaborates with the Endocrinology Leadership team to monitor, develop and implement programs and services to maintain and improve patient care and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Collaborates with the Medical Directors of the sections of Weight Management and Diabetes to develop and implement patient education programs.
- Stays up to-date on latest dietary guidelines and coaching techniques.
- Analyzes information and develops strategies to improve clinical operations and enhance service delivery;implements changes in conjunction with and advice from the management team.
- Responsible for presceptorship, scheduling, and educational experience for Dietetic Interns.
- Supervises Dietitians in the following ambulatory clinics: Endocrinology, Bariatric Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Renal Transplant, and Cardiac Rehab.
- Uses the AIDET customer service framework to ensure the practice provides service that meets or exceeds patient care standards.
- Provides service recovery in response to negative patient feedback.
- Ensures that staff maintain confidentiality and professionalism during all patient interactions.
HUMAN RESOURCE MAINTENANCE
- Manages payroll and all hiring and onboarding of RD staff.
- Provides ongoing assessment and feedback; develops performance improvement plans where appropriate.
- Assesses the adequacy of staffing levels and makes recommendations regarding additional staffing needs or role changes.
- Communicates practice goals to employees and fosters a work environment that motivates employees to achieve these goals.
- Completes employee performance reviews within a timely manner, and in accordance with BMC policy.
- Embodies BMC's goal to provide exceptional care without exception.
- Provide nutritional counseling and education 16 hours per week to BMC's diverse population with clinical focus on management of type 2 and type 1 diabetes, bariatric surgery weight re-gain, and medical weight management.
Bachelors Degree Required
Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) approved by the Accreditation Counsel for Education in Nutrition and Detietics
MS/MPH in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Registered Dietitian certified through the Commission of Dietetic Registration
Massachusetts License (Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist) required
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred.
Minimum of (5) years of experience as a registered dietitian. Experience with obesity management preferred. Two or more years of management experience preferred.