Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As Manager, Origination you will be responsible for implementing the sales and marketing strategy in SERC, MISO-South and PJM by developing new and existing customer relationships, communicating Invenergy’s story and key attributes of potential product offerings, and proposing and structuring clean energy power transactions for the company’s wind, solar, energy storage and thermal resource portfolio. The role would be an ideal growth opportunity for an ambitious self-starter looking to build on existing experience in the energy industry to help fuel the growth of one of the most dynamic and entrepreneurial companies in the industry.
- Identify new origination prospects and implement an outreach strategy for all products and technologies under development, including key customer messaging
- Coordinate with development, finance, engineering and other departments to develop solutions for customers, including assisting in the development of proposals and pricing for opportunities
- Originate and assist with structuring and closing large wholesale power transactions in coordination with Commercial Transactions team
- Read and summarize utility Integrated Resource Plans
- Gather and regularly communicate market intelligence to other portions of New Business Group and senior leadership
- Develop and maintain strong customer and business relationships
- Develop marketing collateral to support sales and marketing strategy, customer outreach and strategic communication
- Prepare and deliver internal and external presentations, webinars, etc.
- Maintain CRM software with latest status on outreach efforts
- 3+ years of experience in the power or clean energy sector in a development or sales capacity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry and electric energy markets
- Working knowledge of RTO operations, electric transmission and power generation and storage technologies
- Proven sales, networking, negotiation and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, strategic thinking, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to make decisions with limited information and in light of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to perform under significant time and pressure conditions
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Knowledge of SERC and PJM