Job ID: 117224
Located in Atlanta, GA, the Organizational Effectiveness Manager works with and leadsIndustrial/Organizational Psychologists on a wide variety of large-scale HR projects. Responsibilities include leading and managing high-impact talent management projects including development and validation of selection tools, designing and administering organizational surveys, facilitating assessment centers, building competency models, conducting applied research, advanced statistical modeling and analysis, and consulting with other teams in Human Resources and the business. While working on these projects, individuals are exposed to and interact with a variety of people from different functional areas and job levels across the enterprise.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20% – Driving Business initiatives — provide OE consultation and support to the strategy teams for any new business/process initiatives (e.g., Attrition Reduction)
- 60% – OE Program Design and Development — Design and develop specific OE programs and processes as needed by the business to improve performance (e.g., Individual and Organizational Assessments)
- 5% – Talent Development — Serve as support/coach for key Talent Management Processes (Multi-rater feedback, Talent Planning facilitator)
- 5% – Support of Strategic Change/Organization Design initiatives – provide change management consulting support to OD/TM team.
- 5% – Serve as expert consultant to members of THD HR community, providing sound guidance in areas that include selection, assessment, measurement, evaluation, leadership, change, facilitation, metrics, etc. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of best practices in area of specialty
- 5% – Assists other members of OE with projects, provides guidance to junior members of team, provides direction to contact resources as needed for project completion
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Sr. Manager, Org. Effectiveness
The position has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a master’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity tomove about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Ph.D. (or ABD) in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Minor or specialty in management, business intelligence or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate setting
- Proven experience in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, SPSS, R or Python, SQL
- Proven project leadership and management experience
- Proven strategic thinking, consulting and client relationship skills
- Strong research and advanced data analysis and modeling skills
- Strong technical knowledge in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Technical Expertise: Strong Technical Knowledge of I-O and Organizational Behavior fields; demonstrable capability to use of SPSS and MS Excel
- Project Management Skills: Able to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities; able toobtain resources so the work goals are accomplished on time and within budget; excellent organizational skills; proficient in managing large projects
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates an outstanding ability to communicate complex I/O Psychology and business concepts and solutions in a simple, practical fashion to a broad population of leaders; able to create open channels of communication and adapt message to fit different audiences; can express ideas clearly and concisely
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking Skills: Able to step back, see the bigger picture and solve problems demonstrating seasoned judgment; uses resources creatively to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Action Orientation and Drive for Results: Exceptional work ethic; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Customer Focused: Is passionate about meeting the expectations and requirements of internalcustomers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with what is best for his/her customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect