Selective Insurance has a great opportunity for a HR professional with a focus on organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and talent analytics. The Manager, Organizational Effectiveness & Workforce Development, or ‘Talent Manager’, partners with business leaders and HR functions to (a) lead or assist in the design, development, and delivery of enterprise and business line Talent Management programs related to; talent review, succession planning, top talent identification, leader assessment, performance management, competency management, and development planning; (b) lead or assist in the design, development, and delivery of talent management practices & systems related to the selection, retention, development, and movement of specific portfolios of talent; (c) manage key initiatives and projects.
If you are the type of individual that likes to be proactive instead of reactive, bring value to the overall business, and work in a dynamic and diverse environment, this is the job for you!
- Provide consultation and guidance on matters that increase organizational effectiveness and drive a culture of high performance, including but not limited to goal setting, performance management, succession planning, organizational capabilities, and workforce strategy & planning to include assessing, addressing and closing capability gaps across the organization, by analyzing data and recommending solutions for implementation to address any competency and capability/skill gaps and ensuring the business leaders and HR Business Partners maintain a healthy bench.
- Acts as a key contributor to complex and/or critical Organizational Development interventions to support the HR Business Partners and function leaders.
- Creates tools, models, surveys, training programs (in conjunction with Leadership & Professional Development), etc. that build the capability of the HR leaders and the Selective organization.
- Creates business solutions using advanced knowledge and experience with respect to Organizational Development content areas: Organization design, performance management, change management, organization and team effectiveness, organization diagnosis and effectiveness interventions, work process improvement, employee engagement and culture change.
- Consult with leaders/managers to assist them with all organization effectiveness needs including: teambuilding/ group process consultation / meeting facilitation; change management, organization diagnosis & design – structure, process and work design.
- Draws on comprehensive technical knowledge and excellent consulting skills to advise internal/external customers in Organization Development areas.
- Conducts in-depth diagnostics and analytics to identify gaps between current and end state goals; determines the factors that affect outcomes; build interventions to close gaps.
- Conducts complex workforce research and analysis. Obtains information (internal or external data) and completes gaps analysis. Works collaboratively across departments to conduct interviews, or conduct primary or secondary research to gather data if information is not readily available.
- Utilizes defined workforce planning models and adapts application for Selective. Partners with HR Manager on a workforce planning process specific to business units using effective project management.
- Serves as Business Lead for our internal Performance and Talent Management System (Success Factors), and develops processes & procedures and future roadmap while ensuring an outstanding user experience
- Manages external vendor and consulting partnerships.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in the design and delivery of organization effectiveness and change management strategies and interventions.
- Practical HR / HR Generalist experience
- Competent in a wide range of diagnostic instruments and tools used to support leadership development and talent
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on interpreting and synthesizing data.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to effectively manage large scale complex projects.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently or with teams.
- Experience interacting with senior management.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation)
- Experience with Success Factors is a plus.
- College degreepreferred.
- M.A. degree in organizational development, leadership or related discipline highly desired.
- 5 – 7 years of related experiencepreferred.
Job ID 5856