The FM Application Manager is responsible for the overall application ownership and lead the support of the Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Financial Data Quality Manager (FDM), Financial Reporting Studio (FRS), EPM Maestro, SmartView and interfaces.
The FM Application Manager is responsible for performing various tasks to work with Finance in completing the monthly accounting close and reporting process and preparing of financial statements for both internal and external reporting. The manager acts as a system owner for the company’s accounting consolidation tool.
This position also will manage IT area in providing supporting documentation for the company’s quarter/annual financial compliance activities, including financialaudit and annual SOX reports.
Participate as a key team member of strategic projects for the corporation with key partners to ensure integration with Oracle Financials, Oracle Cloud and Oracle Analytics Cloud. Implementation and support of new HFM version 18.104.22.168 and future implementation of Oracle FCCS. The HFM Administrator will be responsible to ensure the HFM projects are controlled and under budget.
Continue the strong working relationships with Finance business partners at many levels of the organization. The role requires to act as a liaison with all Operating Divisions, Corporate areas, Shared Services, COE’s IT and Executives to ensure HFM reports are accurate and consistent. Expert in Financial & Accounting.
Key Result Areas:
- The FM Application Manager will lead all aspects of strategy and operations for the HFM platform at Hertz.
- Manage the Hyperion functions as they relate to supporting the monthly accounting close and reporting process.
- Plan and lead the migration of HFM to the Oracle cloud and then to Oracle FCCS.
- Manage data integration process with other Hyperion and non-Hyperion systems.
- Plan and executing consolidation procedures, including the maintenance of automated consolidation script, testing and implementation activities relating to project deliverables.
- Administration of FDM.
- Develop and maintain Hyperion Financial Reports using the Reporting Studio (HFRS).
- Build/ Enhance / Troubleshoot SmartView as needed.
- Development and maintenance of Metadata, Rules and Member lists.
- Writing and editing HFM Rules.
- Development and maintenance of HFM objects such as webforms, data grids, journal reports, ICP reports and Task lists.
- Perform Hyperion application build tasks and activities (calculation build and modification using Calculation Manager, test and revision, business rules, web-forms, task lists, work flow).
- Propose, test and implement improvements to Reporting, System Design and Performance per requirements of Senior Executives.
- Maintain enterprise system and process design standards as well as system documentation.
- Conduct periodic maintenance to the corporate chart of accounts (adding/deleting cost centers, financial accounts, project codes, etc, as necessary) and other metadata and mapping changes.
- Assess and recommend how the system can help support changes in the business environment including acquisitions, dispositions, retrospective application of new accounting standards and executing plans.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of data sources and data outputs.
- Manage the internal and external auditors request and inquires, as needed.
- Manage the HFM environment as well as ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls.
- Lead the project planning, scheduling, communication and implementation tasks.
- Oversee others with metadata and data to support Hyperon Financial Management.
- Responsible for the development and support of Hyperion Financial Management applications.
- Responsible for research and resolve issues for HFM environment.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve system performance issues.
- Ensure adherence to SOX controls.Facilitate daily administration of Oracle EPM environment as well as ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls.
- Lead in project planning, scheduling, communication and implementation tasks.
- Support the addition and maintenance of users in Shared Services via provisioning.
- Optimize application and business rule performance based on results of Unit, Integration, Performance and other test phases as prescribed.
- Provide knowledge transfer to internal resources as needed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for core system processes, break fix manuals and maintenance documentation.
- Maintain Hyperion security using Hyperion Shared Services.
- Identify and resolve technical defects and issues with Hyperion applications, including escalation of issues to Oracle Support.
- Provide end user support to assist with application training and reporting training.
- Reconcile Hyperion data to source systems using SQL.
- Participate with the administration of account reconciliation and task management tools as needed.
- Develop and deliver training as needed.
- Work closely with Master Data, BI, Accounting and FP&A teams.
- BS or BA Degree in Information Systems or Finance/Accounting or, in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence of 5 Years of HFM Administration experience.
- Oracle University Training or HFM certification preferred.
- 3 year of full lifecycle implementation and support of Oracle HFM.
- 5 - 7 years of experience administrating and supporting Oracle HFM.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting and/or Financial Planning and Accounting.
- 5 years of experience leading and managing project teams.
- Experience with Oracle EPM/BI Cloud Products and Solutions (PBCS, EPBCS, EPRCS, FCCS, ARCS, OAC).
- Ability to create / enhance Report with Oracle FRS.
- EPM Trouble Shooting, Tuning, Disaster Recovery, Backups and Restore, Security.
- Knowledge of other Financial System: Oracle General Ledger.
- Knowledge of other Analytic Systems: Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Documentation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Rule enhancement and development experience.
- Effective project management, process planning and implementation skills.
- Security model experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge (journal entries, T-accounts, impact to financial statements, EBITDA).
- Experience with archiving, tuning and migration.
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Financial Data Quality Manager (FDM).
- Oracle Financial Reporting Studio (FRS).
- Oracle SmartView.
- Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS).
- Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC).
- Programming knowledge: Excel Formulas, MDX, PL/SQL, SQL, XML, HTML, Visual Basic.
- Familiarity with accounting system procedures and Oracle General Ledger system.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills are required for this position.
- Understanding of the difference between internal and external reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a quick learner with a desire to continually build his/her skill set and experiences to better serve both internal and external customers
- Strong time management skills and effectively able to prioritize tasks as needed.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to conduct training sessions and engage with business partners in a local and global setting effectively
- Self-motivated & Self-starter.