The Operations Manager will have responsibilities for the daily operation of multiple DC Departments as well as providing guidance and leadership to distribution center (DC) managers to ensure the accomplishment of the departmental and distribution center overall goals.
Directly supervise and develop up to ten management staff and indirectly supervise, motivate and be involved in personnel issues for up to 200 hourly workers.
- Day to day oversight of multiple DC departments for an entire shift or across shifts.
- Oversight of regulatory compliance as it relates to promoting a safe environment.
- Oversight of facility upkeep as well as cleanliness and organization.
- Budget development and performance metric reporting and analysis.
- Workforce planning and staffing.
- Knowledge and understanding of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Partners with DC Director and leadership team to develop and implement a "best practices" approach to achieve supply chain excellence.
- Recommends and initiates appropriate actions to increase sales, decrease expenses and improve profitability.
- Initiates proactive partnerships with vendors, replenishment and stores organizations to ensure seamless communication and achievement of business goals.
- Execute strategic distribution strategy for the company and translates that into a functional plan for supervisors and their associates.
- Ability to manage a total operation to meet productivity targets.
- Create a pulling and delivery schedule with transportation manager that maintains an equal daily workload.
- Work with inventory manager to slot merchandise to be pulled correctly with other store merchandise. Position Requirements Seven to ten years of leadership experience in a high volume, automated, customer focused distribution/productions environment.
Proven understanding of the core business functions and their linkage to the Distribution Center. Experience in leading multiple departments with a minimum of 2 to 3 direct reports and 100 to 200 indirect reports. Proven track record assessing and developing talent.
Management experience within a high volume distribution environment; 300,000 + sq. ft. warehouse; Powered industrial equipment; computer skills; Knowledge of OSHA and Department of Transportation regulations. Will require periodic travel to other AutoZone distribution centers.
Experience and exposure to periodic project management assignments a plus. Ability to relocate is a must. The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.