We are recruiting for an exceptional Manager of Operations to lead Johnson Utilities in San Tan Valley.
Some of the critical accountabilities for this position include:
- Direct, coordinate, and supervise the activities of the water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, and maintenance
- Ensure operational integrity is maintained
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices associated with the effective operation of water and wastewater utilities
- Provide strategic and operational input to annual business plans, control budgets and ensure that operational and financial targets are met or exceeded
- Lead, motivate and develop staff and build shared commitment to continuous improvement
- Develop and direct cost effective solutions to meet customers’ expectations and technical requirements and to encourage best practice and innovation in operations
- Prepare and control construction, operations and maintenance within established budget limitations
- Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations
This position requires 5+ years of supervision/leadership experience in addition to 5+ years hands-on distribution/collection experience in water/wastewater field. A degree in Business or related field is desirable but not required. ADEQ grade 4 certifications are desirable; ADEQ certifications of grade 3 are required.
Position also requires the following key skills and knowledge:
- Solid budgeting and quantitative skills (analytical, technical, problem solving),
- computer expertise in Microsoft Office,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- strong interpersonal skills,
- excellent leadership skills and strong team building, collaboration and talent evaluation skills,
- ability to manage a geographically diverse and dispersed organization,
- expert knowledge of process and operational areas.