Candidate ProfileTo you, the modern enterprise, with its vast accumulation of data from different parts of the business is an analytical playground with endless possibilities to glean insights and optimize performance. You have Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field of study. You have a deep understanding of operational research, revenue management science, statistical modeling, quantitative methodologies as well as the advanced analytics software tools to aid the development of your sophisticated mathematical models. Ideally, you have applied your skills to different industries. Not only are you an outstanding scientist, you have developed strong interpersonal and communication skills in your 6+ year long career in corporate, consulting and/or academia. If you’re interested in helping The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line™ make sense of our billions of data points, develop and mentor the team that will assist you in fine tuning our models into actionable business insight, we’d love to speak to you. Position OverviewWe are currently seeking a Manager, Operations Research and Revenue Management. Responsible for: creating advanced demand monitoring and customer behavior models; enhancing existing model performance and maintenance; providing consulting advice and tools to improve revenue management analyst performance and revenue maximization; utilizing science models to support executivereporting andbudget/revenueforecasting.
- Develop, enhance a variety of mathematical models (includes data collection, analysis, prototyping, testing, creation of production systems, and development of performance metrics)
- Monitor model performance, re-calibrate, maintain, and recommend design enhancements.
- Develop tools/reports for analysts and management to monitor business trends, forecasts, and customer behavior.
- Provide assistance to upper management by way of ad hoc analyses to answer a variety of business related questions
- Consult/train analysts and management on use of science models and tools
- Master’s Degree
- Quantitative discipline such as Operations Research, Management Science, IndustrialEngineering, Applied Math or related field
- Six years’ experience within a large corporation practicing revenue management, preferably in multiple industries, or management consulting experience in the development and application of revenue management models and systems.
- Will apply operations research and other advanced methodologies, such as forecasting, statistics, econometric modeling, linear programming and other optimization algorithms, and otherquantitative techniques to develop models and methods to maximize revenues; advanced programming
- Experience with Operations Research and Statistics software/packages/tools, SQL, PL/SQL, SAS, Hyperion, Tableau preferred.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Job ID 5353820