About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC?s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We?ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
The Manager, Operations is responsible for guiding and developing teams by motivating, mentoring, and coaching. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability of giving and receiving effective feedback including disciplinary action conversations
- Recruit, screen and select talent at Associate and Team Lead levels
- Implement weekly schedule and manage labor budget
- Ownership and accountability for Team Leads and their execution
- Communicate cross departmentally
- Focus on team and department growth and development
- Design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Oversee overall productivity of department and workflow
- Be the primary point of contact for team of Associates and Team Leads
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Lead teams through change and embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with Trainers and Team Leads to develop, maintain and apply learning tools
- Communicate feedback to better the operation and the employee experience
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- 3 to 12 years experience leading people and teams
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, ?can-do? attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role