Job Function:Operations/Production (40000070)
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Manager to join our Whirlpool - Clyde Operations Assembly organization.
This position will provide leadership in decision making as well as manage the operational excellence of the Operations. You will lead an operations function by integrating world-class manufacturing and business processes with existing maintenance information systems designed to accelerate best practices. You must have a proven track record of increasing the plant's equipment availability and installing/using KPI's (key performance indicators) to monitor progress. Capital project management experience and SAP knowledge is a plus, along with demonstrated knowledge in assembly operations. You must have the ability to interact well with all levels of the organization, outside entities, and governmental officials. The position is responsible for managing processes and people to meet production, quality, safety and environmental standards and to meet sales and shipping commitments.
- Drive safety, quality, delivery and productivity of the department and Operations through effective leadership
- Assist in the development and lead the execution of Operational Strategic Initiatives in your area of responsibility
- Provide direction to the team to focus on key results areas. Educate key decision-makers
- Champion diversity and inclusion behaviors.
- Proactively seek and value all types of diversity and work to bring out the contributions of everyone.
- Actively coach and provide feedback to peers, subordinates, and others as appropriate
- Build organizational capability through proactive coaching of the direct reports on skill-building and career development
- Proactively collaborate with peers in other Whirlpool manufacturing locations, Product business teams, Brand, channel/Corporate Technology, and Finance organization and leverage enterprise-wide expertise
- Drive continuous improvement in the organizational, technical and business information processes/systems through Lean/innovative thinking/ideas.
- Be a proactive leader of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies in business processes and lead the organization in the enterprise-wide lean implementation
- Manage all financial aspects of the business units.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field
- 5 + years Leadership experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a large staff (10+ direct reports) of engineering and operational professionals
- Proven success driving Lean principles and philosophies
- Experience driving Operational Excellence initiatives
- Proven ability to improve operations within established quality systems
- Competent on PC and mainframe applications related to responsibilities
- Confidence and willingness to take calculated risks, implement new ideas, drive for results and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to provide an engaging work environment
- Champion for challenging existing practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict to a resolution
- Effective management of priorities, expectations and accountabilities
- Proven record of attracting and developing talented people and effectively allocating and utilizing resources