Summary of Job Description
The Operations Manager has the overall responsibility for engineering and maintenance operations to ensure that a safe, efficient, and cost effective delivery of services is provided to the client and building occupants.
- Responsible for maintaining daily working staff levels pursuant to the goals of the operation and the needs of the facilities.
- Ensure that engineering staff is qualified and trained to perform the duties they are expected to carry out as Lead and or Route engineers.
- Identify safety hazards and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and route engineer’s work in a safe environment.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of any of the building’s infrastructure.
- Work with Property and Project management to assist in the development of a Capital work plan which would include planning for infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that client project support is provided. This includes ensuring that the contractors are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform.
- Ensure that all owner / landlord processes are communicated and understood among the engineers and contractors who perform work on the building’s critical infrastructure.
- Ensure participation in the company’s purchasing initiatives by engineers for parts and materials is needed to perform routine and non-routine tasks.
- Responsible for the gathering of information as requested by management for business reporting purposes.
- Perform on site Quality Assurance inspections of maintained facilities.
- Management of Team and team resources.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
- Business travel estimated at 25%
Candidate must possess valid drivers license, have a minimum of eight (8) years of technical and supervisory experience in building and/or material handling equipment engineering with a strong background in technical aspects of equipment repair, maintenance and overall system design and application. Must have an excellent working knowledge of computer based applications and programs, to include Excel and Word.