BWAY - Mauser is one of the largest manufacturers of metal, plastic, and fiber containers in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach (50 plants throughout North America) have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry.
Position Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for leading day to day operations of a manufacturing location/area to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently.
- Leads daily Team Performance Center meetings with Operations team to review safety, quality and production performance.
- Engages the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects.
- Engages production floor employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Performs necessary administrative functions such as budgetary administration, employee safety, performance reviews and employee counseling.
- Participates in weekly forecast calls to meet customers’ shipment deadlines.
- Reviews and updates Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track.
- Participates in monthly site safety review to understand problem areas and establish plans to improve overall safety record and reduce incidents.
- Meets with Planning and Operations team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
- Works with Quality team to review Quality issues through HFI (Hold for Inspection) and scrap process. Minimize rework and/or scrap due to non-conformance through problem resolution.
- May participate in Union Leadership/Management meetings and follows-up as necessary if site is unionized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or operations management
- 3+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment; Embraces continuous improvement
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
- Strong financial acumen including an understanding of the budgeting process and how they relate to KPIs
- Exceptional leadership, change management and communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Dependent on location, prior experience necessary in union environments or non-union environments as applicable.