- Develops goals and set expectations for work performance of associates/supervisors.
- Responsible for meeting forecasted capacity, quality and timing requirements.
- Creates and maintains written SOP’s /procedures for all aspects of production and distribution as applicable.
- Interprets, enforces and monitors company policies and safety regulations across the operation.
- Researches opportunities for performance improvement in safety, quality and productivity.
- Balances labor and maintains time and productivity records for all associates.
- Confers with supervisors/managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Assures conformance to all safety, security and environmental rules.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels to accommodate forecasted capacity requirements.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or Ingram Micro management based on our fluid business needs.
- Demonstrates Ingram Micro’s values
Minor Essential Functions:
- Directly supervises 3-20 employees in the area.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to use hands to fingers, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds in order to load inventory bins and racks or when shipping orders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to heat from the Shrink Wrap Machines or high frequency sound from the Sonic Sealers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 4 yeardegree or equivalent experiencerequired.
- 3-5 years prior experience in management, preferably within a Distribution or warehouse environment, with supervision of 20 or more employees.
- Experience with: forward/reverse logistics needs, processes and systems, implementing business systems and process improvements, analysis and evaluation practices, and participating on project teams.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Fosters positive working relationships, Leadership and collaboration abilities.
- APICS the Association for Operations Management – CSCP or CPIM, Project Management – PMP Certification preferred.
- A desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s needs. Customer may include internal colleagues or anyone that the person is assisting.
- Striving to continually exceed the service expectations of others.
- The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of use in the future. It is driven by an underlying curiosity
- The ability and willingness to align one’s behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of the organization. It involves acting in ways that promote organizational goals or meet organizational needs. It may appear as putting an organizational mission before one’s own preferences.
Job ID: 15803